• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another one has left the sinking ship

Linda

International Vice-Captain
You're kidding right?!
You do realise that the Waugh's have retired and Bevan's left, yes? Not to mention the fact that even with those guys, they couldn't make either of the finals last season...

Waughney

International Debutant
OK,
I didn't at any time say that NSW would win the ING or pura cup. What I did say was they had a good chance of a title would be the ING cup. My reasoning that NSW still have a good chance of winning a tilte was:
a)The emergence of players such as Phil Jaques, Matthew Nicholson, Dominic Thornley
b)Mark Waugh didn't exactly set the world alight with his form; Average 28 HS 41*
c)Nathan Bracken will no longer be pre-occupied with International duties.
d)The NSW squad is still quite strong http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2003-04/AUS_LOCAL/SQUADS/NSW_SQUAD_2003-04.html
e)Katich has not yet cemented a spot in Australia's ODI squad and therefore may still be available.
f) Haddin has shown increased maturity and reliability with the bat.
g) There is still time for NSW to sign other players eg. rebel Zimbabwean player.
h)Yes last season they didn't make the finals. So what?? Many a team didn't make the finals with a stonger team the previous year but still won the next year.

So no, I don't think I'm kidding and I think you will see NSW remain a prominent team during the 2004-05 season.