• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies Championship 4-Day Tournament (2020)

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
What has happened to Kraigg ? He had one great year on the international level and then seems to have been poor on all levels since.
I think his lack of technique is catching up on him. His balance isn't great and he uses to much bottom hand in his shots. He has all the mental strength you could ask for but ultimately he will struggle unless he sorts his technique out.

Separately, I'm really hoping that Pooran and Hety play some 4 day cricket very soon. It is vital for their development.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Big matchup tomorrow at Providence.
Table toppers TT against Guyana.
Will be nice to see if both Pooran and Hetmyer play, but haven't heard a thing about them from the boards.

Beamer

Big matchup tomorrow at Providence.
Table toppers TT against Guyana.
Will be nice to see if both Pooran and Hetmyer play, but haven't heard a thing about them from the boards.
Plus Barbados v Jamaica. This 4 day season is so much more watchable than the last few. The batting has been half decent for once. Good signs.

SillyCowCorner1

Plus Barbados v Jamaica. This 4 day season is so much more watchable than the last few. The batting has been half decent for once. Good signs.
The Barbados side will most likely field about 9 current test players. Jamaica have dropped Fudadin and Oshane; Rovman comes back for them.

I expect that matchup to be a closely fought one.

Over at Providence, I think it will be mostly about our bowling versus the powerhouse of TT's batting. Our net run rate needs a boost as well. Tage is grinding it down.

Beamer

The Barbados side will most likely field about 9 current test players. Jamaica have dropped Fudadin and Oshane; Rovman comes back for them.

I expect that matchup to be a closely fought one.

Over at Providence, I think it will be mostly about our bowling versus the powerhouse of TT's batting. Our net run rate needs a boost as well. Tage is grinding it down.
Apparently Oshane is having an extended camp with the West Indies bowling coach and so has been kept away from the Jamaica team.

Also heard that neither Pooran or Hety are in the squads. Reifer is injured for Guyana and will not play. Looking forward to it! Nial Smith to rip T & T top order apart before Da Silva fights back is my hope.

SillyCowCorner1

Apparently Oshane is having an extended camp with the West Indies bowling coach and so has been kept away from the Jamaica team.

Also heard that neither Pooran or Hety are in the squads. Reifer is injured for Guyana and will not play. Looking forward to it! Nial Smith to rip T & T top order apart before Da Silva fights back is my hope.
Oh great, I guess that is a good thing. But ideally want him to play as much FC cricket as possible.
Well, let's hope we get Hetmyer and Pooran in the next round.

SillyCowCorner1

Another start for Kraigg Brathwaite that isn't capitalized on.
Shamarh Brookes falls for a duck.

Rovman Powell with both of the Bajan wickets.

SillyCowCorner1

No coverage of the game at Providence. Last score I heard in the Guyana-TT game was 239/4 for the Jaguars.

Tage batting on 65*
Bramble on 54*
Barnwell fell to Darren Bravo for 58

SillyCowCorner1

At close of play, Guyana Jaguars are 263/6.

Tage 67
Bramble 63*
Barnwell 58

Bowling for the TT's:
B. Charles 4/56
A. Hosein 1/56
Darren Bravo 1/18

Beamer

Jamaica in trouble, Chemar Holder with 5/20 odd. Wonderful bowling in favourable conditions.

Good signs were that he got Campbell, King and Blackwood, 2 test players and 1 test player to be. There were some average shots but he got Campbell out with a shorter when he looked the business.

SillyCowCorner1

Jamaica in trouble, Chemar Holder with 5/20 odd. Wonderful bowling in favourable conditions.

Good signs were that he got Campbell, King and Blackwood, 2 test players and 1 test player to be. There were some average shots but he got Campbell out with a shorter when he looked the business.
These are very good signs. Sabina Park is known for its pacy wicket. So no surprises when a bowler of Chemar Holder's quality rip through a batting lineup. The Jamaican pacers need to take note.

Jamaica are 53/6

SillyCowCorner1

TT are currently 13/3
Simmons, captain Bravo, and Jason Mohammed all back in the shed.

Nial Smith with 2 wickets, Keon Joseph with 1. The pacers are doing it for us.

SillyCowCorner1

Joshua Da Silva goes for 1. LBW to Nial Smith.

TT are 20/4. Providence wicket is not a pacer friendly one, historically.

SillyCowCorner1

Half of the TT side gone. 20/5
Yannic Cariah is bowled by Nial Smith for a duck.

Nial Smith: 4 wickets for 11 runs.