• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa 2019/20

slippy888

International Captain
Nortje playing a very good innings here he showing his class and proving why he hyped up as the next Brian Mcmillian

slippy888

International Captain
I cant see FAF playing test cricket for long i know he one of the great players of our generation but he seems to have lost his desire at test level

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Don't really see the point of Root bowling unless Bess changing ends, or spin both ends. Give Bess a proper run at de kock ffs.

Bijed

International Regular
Nortje is blunting the England attack
Well jinxed!

Really good knock though. Sounds like his concentration just lapsed a bit in the end, but that's fair enough for the longest ever first-class innings and 136 balls is always a great effort from a nightwatchman

BSM

U19 Cricketer
So if we get SA out for less then 299 England are going to enforce the follow on right? I know captains in recent times have been justifiably cautious about doing so because the fourth innings is the toughest time to bat but this is probably one of the few game situations where it doesn't really pose too much of a threat. With rain around you wouldn't have there would be a lot of time for a 4th innings, and the pitch doesn't look like its deteriorating too badly

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Philander is probable the best batsman in this team on current form
The biggest shock at Cape Town may well have been that England dismissed him cheaply; his track record against us is ridiculously good for a number 8.

Can we assume that these two are trying to cash in before the new ball arrives? Smart batting, if so.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Light metres? Time for Denly to accompany Bess,surely.

And this looks like one of those spells when even Root may notice that the force isn't with Stokes right now.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Our catching has been so much better than usual so far this series, there had to be a regression at some point.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
De Kock's legside clips off Wood were a thing of beauty. An easy swing but just absolutely crunched them.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm I wonder what sort of article Firdose put out after yesterday, I really can't imagine what the content of it is. I wonder if it mentions Temba Bavuma at all.

FBU

International Debutant
Well done Nortje. excellent nightwatchman. At 4 and 6. 5 hours 18 mins in the series.
·
Cricviz
Nortje has a false shot percentage of just 2% in this innings, the lowest of any batsman in the match.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Dobell's latest article is a steaming turd even by his own standards, saying Bess is reviving traditional offspin is utterly absurd. Nathan Lyon has comprehensively proved there is still plenty of space for orthodox offies, regardless of anything that pathetic curdled cheese Prior has to say.

TBF Bess was certainly impressive, but the fawning praise he is receiving is pretty dreadful

Last edited: