• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Running Out Of Players Draft - Season 1

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It seems fairly odd for Wilfred Rhodes to miss out.

Even if he didnt make an XI, such a valuable squad member.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah same. I even put him on a list at the start of the draft, picked O'Reilly in R1 and so wasn't looking out for more spinners turning it from leg to off for quite a while, then I think just assumed he'd been taken already when I was picking backup squad players. I ended up picking Johnny Briggs who I think is one the great under-rated Test cricketers of history so no huge regrets, but I probably would've picked Rhodes instead if I knew he was available.

I guess the only slight regret is that now I can't pick Briggs in Season 2; he might've slid if I picked Rhodes in this. :(

ataraxia

International Coach
Yeah somehow I forgot Rhodes too. Had stacked up on too many spinners already (Gupte, Mankad, Woolley, Noble, Ranji all in my first 9 picks) including 2 left-armers so even if I remembered him he'd probably not make my side.

cnerd123

likes this
Just need to create the voting thread and add all the teams into the opening post.

Kinda dreading the effort to make that OP, with links and everything. That's it

Also the player list excel file for season 2 is on the laptop I didn't carry with me on vacation. So I can only start that once I'm back. Could start signups I suppose

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think ***** has bailed too (hopefully temporarily). When I get back home on Monday I might ask him if he minds someone else running Season 2 of this while he's gone.