• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the black caps are like the anti-all blacks when it comes to australia

even the league and netball team can win games and only one district of one city here cares about league
League in NZ is essentially Union here. Mirror image really.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
League in NZ is essentially Union here. Mirror image really.
Yep, but that makes them beating Australia in league occasionally kind of impressive.

To put it in perspective though I don't think they'd win many league games against Aus that took an accumulated score over five days of play. Batting and bowling results are high variance but Test results kind of aren't because of the length of them.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yep, but that makes them beating Australia in league occasionally kind of impressive.

To put it in perspective though I don't think they'd win many league games against Aus that took an accumulated score over five days of play. Batting and bowling results are high variance but Test results kind of aren't because of the length of them.
Tom Trbojevic to play centre and dominate day 5 IMO.

Burgey

I reckon that's hit bat and pad at the exact same time

outside the line regardless

didn't even look close
Yeah but you rate Matthew Wade over Travis Head and think Lyon is no good ffs. I’m not relying on your judgment here.

TheJediBrah

Yeah but you rate Matthew Wade over Travis Head and think Lyon is no good ffs. I’m not relying on your judgment here.
If you have to pull that out as a distraction everytime you get pwned then you don't have much of a future here, kid

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Because makeshift openers have been so effective at Test level as of late...

Been some truly dreadful takes from TJB recently, even by his standards

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Perhaps he only holds that opinion because he would love Wade to be threatened by one less batsman obviously better than him.

Burns himself was a made a makeshift opener by Queensland after they first dropped him though.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

You are still really bitter about Head aren't you?

As far as makeshift openers go KPat is a guy who could adapt well to the top of the order IMO, similarly to how Katich did. Quite similar players too.

And yes I'm well aware that I'm being stupidly harsh on Burns and that he's done fine, but if I didn't make any controversial (/stupid) comments then I'd be the same as most of the other boring ****s who post here and then what would be the point

jcas0167

International Debutant
Coney on radio saying Williamson wanted the test squad to just be selected for the England tests then to reassess for the Australia series.

TheJediBrah

Perhaps he only holds that opinion because he would love Wade to be threatened by one less batsman obviously better than him.

Burns himself was a made a makeshift opener by Queensland after they first dropped him though.
What about Wade's rig though, sure he may be about the size of an average man's tricep but he's got the proportions. Head doesn't even have a jawline is that what you want representing Australia to the rest of the world?

I have a feeling Warner wasn't regularly an opener either until after he made his debut for Australia.

Last edited: