• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in New Zealand 2019

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Full credit to New Zealand. They’ve exposed everything that’s inadequate about this England team. Joe Root as captain has exposed himself (metaphorically speaking).
Meh, it's just another crap overseas performance by England. We all know now that 350 was seriously under par, and once again we've gone through the motions with the ball under the eye of a skipper who makes Cook look positively Brearleyesque in comparison. I genuinely have nfi how they won in SL last year, as they just seem disinterested when life gets tricky. Sort of similar to the Caribbean series, although obviously NZ are a significantly better team than WI. And significantly better than England, come to that. Maybe they'll prove me wrong and I'll get up to hear that they've batted out the fifth day. The again, maybe my number will come up in the Lottery.

Flem274*

123/5
i think we'll have a better picture later. today is another important day for anyone wanting to keep their bowling spot, then obviously santner plays in hamilton and perth.

gets the summer tbh since our 2 asia tour spinners are benched. if this is a flash in the pan then bye, if not then he's a fixture. his main currency is still wickets.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol he's had 1 good game. Out of a lot. He is still a crap test player despite this test.
He'll get better and better. You're being reactive rather than seeing the whole picture of the cricketer and what he can become. Just don't jump down his throat if he doesn't take 10for and score a double ton in Hamilton.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
I've always rated Santa, and it's great to see him starting to reach his true potential. Didn't he miss most of last year through injury?

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Thoughts on today? I expect England to bat it out 6 or 7 down at stumps. Pitch is too lifeless and the experienced guys are less likely to throw their wickets away

ataraxia

International Coach
Thoughts on today? I expect England to bat it out 6 or 7 down at stumps. Pitch is too lifeless and the experienced guys are less likely to throw their wickets away
If we get Root or Stokes out there's pretty much no experienced batters.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon there's 7 wickets that'll fall today, no trouble. England will still be trying to wack it, they're too arrogant generally to want to bat any other way. It's just whether they get enough runs to get ahead and not give us something we can chase down in the last session.

Flem274*

123/5
I reckon there's 7 wickets that'll fall today, no trouble. England will still be trying to wack it, they're too arrogant generally to want to bat any other way. It's just whether they get enough runs to get ahead and not give us something we can chase down in the last session.
they showed in that ashes test they can do the graft. the batting doesn't lack fight, just experience and ability (in some cases, obviously several of them are ridiculously talented cricketers).

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Look I've seen my fair share of NZ roads but this is not that. Yeah it's a flat deck but there's definitely something in it if you bend your back or if you land the ball in the right areas. Also there's been a hint of swing basically throughout the whole match.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
HAve to say I'm eating it. Wouldn't have predicted this from Santner, but not surprised by his batting efforts - though he looked all at sea early on.

Didn't expect three wickets before tea - turns out a great selection but won't hold my breath for repeat performances anytime soon. But yeah, he should get the nod for a while for any pitch than isn't obviously going to turn.

What can you say about Watling? Man is a god. All hail. He's in my all time XI, allowing Sanga to just concentrate on batting.

Flem274*

123/5
raval gets the summer unless greg hay scores some runs

rachin doesn't even have a fc century yet, he shouldn't debut in australia.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
raval gets the summer unless greg hay scores some runs

rachin doesn't even have a fc century yet, he shouldn't debut in australia.
Raval gets the summer based purely on lack of options and Conway not being eligible. Rachin would have to feast for a full year before even being vaguely considered.

That first innings knock he played was the most atrocious excuse for a Test match's openers innings. I like Jeet, he's a good guy who's made a lot of FC runs. But he is so incredibly vulnerable outside off stump and can't play spin to save his life. He's going to get steamrolled in Australia. If the pacemen don't get him, Lyon will pick over the carcass.