• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2019/20

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Overtook sutcliffe who had 385
Most amazing thing about that 385 is that it was out of a team total of 500.

He was happy without the burden. With Lankford Smith taking over the captaincy for Otago, Sutcliffe started the 1952-53 season with a humongous 385 against Canterbury. The rest of the batsmen contributed 86, and the extras totalled 29, as Otago finished with 500. It was then the highest score ever notched by a left-hander. Only Bradman, BB Nimbalkar, Bill Ponsford and Archie MacLaren had scored more at that time.
https://www.cricketcountry.com/arti...and-author-of-the-bravest-ever-innings-355372

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I was just about to post Chad Bowes is going berserk and then the next thing he gets out. Set 350+ looks like Canterbury wants to have a go at it. Good declaration and the Canterbury bowlers must just be hoping to just go home and rest up. Firebirds smashing 240+ in 40+ overs in the second dig.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Another ground delay today in Dunedin. Maybe schedule more games in Alexandra :-)

The game could have been staged in Alexandra, where the average amount of rain in October would be lucky to fill a paddling pool.

But Otago Cricket Association chief executive Mike Coggan defended the decision to host the game in Dunedin.

"If you look at last spring we didn't have the extremely high levels of rain we've had this month," he said.

There has been more than 150mm of rainfall in the city during the past 30 days, and that has left the surface at the venue sodden.

"We've had three to four weeks of record rainfall. It just hasn't stopped and that has been our big problem in terms of the first two days here.
https://www.odt.co.nz/sport/cricket/another-rain-day-raises-questions

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Gibson thinks it's a T20.

In a way, there was a slim chance Wellington could've lost this game if they were bundled out cheaply today. So he's pretty much putting that out of the question.

The Hutt Rec

Henry Nicholls with what must be the most unco dismissal of the season so far. Looked like a shot by a five yo who’s just picked up a bat for the first time.

The Hutt Rec

Nicholls is just so bamboozled by the thought of Bracewell bowling that he gets out to him every time.

The second innings one did turn quite a bit though, maybe that shocked him.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nicholls is one of us, a hero of the troops. Hero of the people.

That's the type of dismissal I would expect from any CW member who tried playing professionally.

nzfan

There's been some average cricket played today at domestic level. Lots of rubbish balls and serious players getting out to nothing balls. That's what the last day of the match does to the folks I guess.

Wagner trying to bounce out all the CD batters including the tail. He's picked up 3 wickets but I'm not convinced his pace is good enough for this anymore. He may be thing of the past for Black Caps come this season.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Wagner trying to bounce out all the CD batters including the tail. He's picked up 3 wickets but I'm not convinced his pace is good enough for this anymore. He may be thing of the past for Black Caps come this season.
I feel like this sentiment is becoming a meme now.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I think we should drop Wagner for a whole season just to see how angrily he comes back afterwards.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Canterbury an outside chance to steal an undeserved win from Wellington here - need 62 runs with 2 wickets in hand.

... and as I type that, they lose a wicket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wonder what the highest FC score on a losing cause is. I know in Tests it's Ponting's 242 in Adelaide against India when they got Agarkar'd.

Conway's could've been up there in FC cricket if they actually lost.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wellington haven't even been that good aside from Conway. But Canterbury have bowled all over the place and given away masses of wickets to Wellington's part-timers and lesser bowlers - an ugly performance by them and no it would not be great if they still won.

jcas0167

International Debutant
And finished off with Nuttall trying to slog Nofal down the ground for six. Wellington win by 44 runs.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Meaning the top wicket taker in the competition after two matches iiiiissss..........

Malcolm Nofal and his gentle part time LHO with 13 wickets.