• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India, Sep/Oct 2019

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
The fact that they sent Nortje out with 20 min to go is true cowardice... harsh but considering the circumstances not very good captaincy from Faf.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kohli indicating that it didn’t come off the bat. He may be like Ponting in many ways but this isn’t one.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Even if faf wanted to send a night watchman, it should have been either of the other 4 bowlers who can bat a bit and not Nortje. No point of Rabada batting at 11.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
The persistence with Bavuma for quota is starting to look a bit silly now. Don't they have vdDussen fit and ready?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
So, Ashwin does not get an over on the same day when Kumble is appointed as KXIP head coach (for which KXIP captain Ashwin had to agree one would think). Mere coinincidence?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Opening your account with 4 maidens is pretty cool. Anyone know the most balls a bowler had to bowl before they leaked their first run for an innings?

Bahseph

State Captain
Worse day I've seen for an SA team. Just a culmination of bad selection, bad tactics and terrible skills.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Worse day I've seen for an SA team. Just a culmination of bad selection, bad tactics and terrible skills.
Rabada and De Kock having the worst visible spat between teammates I've ever seen on a test field the icing on the cake. Not a good look

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
From what we have in India, not certain that a different selection would have made as much difference to the poor bowling. Tactics have been baffling.