• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

USA Domestic T20?

AV1782

Cricket Spectator
I read an article a month about a billion dollar investment in a pro domestic league in the US with more details to follow after the world cup. So far I have not seen any announcement of further details. I am guessing the deal fell through or something. Any thoughts on the dream of domestic US cricket?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
you cant build it from the top, there has to be grassroots, surely

wrongun

Banned
you cant build it from the top, there has to be grassroots, surely
You can build it from the top. This is the best time if there ever was. Sure, you won't gain traction in middle America or the deep South but there is enough of a market to easily gain traction on the east coast, west coast and Florida. You require adequate coverage online and TV. Get ESPN to show highlights during sportscenter. Leagues such as the NHL and MLB are kinda struggling in the US markets. Good time to ambush them.

Heck, MLB held actual in season games of their marquee matchup in London and sold out and plan to do so again next year. And they have very little to none grassroots baseball in the UK. They have even held regular season games at the SCG. You just need to have adequate coverage, make it a decent spectacle, attract the die hard immigrant populations first and then create enough of a buzz to get the locals involved. I've seen it happen....it's just that the ICC is late to the party as usual.