• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2019/20

SeamUp

International Coach
Such a tough sitch for Breetzke in East London. Still trying to score the 4-day runs to prove you belong and feel comfortable in the format at this level. Got 97 to win with 5 wickets in hand on a tough pitch. The lower order could collapse easy so how aggressive do you be. Winning a game for the Warriors here could be massive for him. Clutch.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
A Dolphins attack without Dupavillon is pretty toothless in wicket taking threat. Hope it isn't a serious injury why he hasn't bowled today.

Raynard with his first franchise hundred.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Such a tough sitch for Breetzke in East London. Still trying to score the 4-day runs to prove you belong and feel comfortable in the format at this level. Got 97 to win with 5 wickets in hand on a tough pitch. The lower order could collapse easy so how aggressive do you be. Winning a game for the Warriors here could be massive for him. Clutch.
About to comment on exactly this. a good 50+ slowly in obviously tough conditions, to take his team home would give him a big boost.

Raynard with his first franchise hundred.
Note he obviously retired hurt and came back? I want him to score big so much this season. What is Raynards official position? I thought he was a 3/4 but notice him batting everything from opener to no 5.

Dupavillon's continuous injuries must be a big worry to be selected for test cricket.

SeamUp

International Coach
About to comment on exactly this. a good 50+ slowly in obviously tough conditions, to take his team home would give him a big boost.

Note he obviously retired hurt and came back? I want him to score big so much this season. What is Raynards official position? I thought he was a 3/4 but notice him batting everything from opener to no 5.

Dupavillon's continuous injuries must be a big worry to be selected for test cricket.
I feel with Breetzke this is how he should approach his 4 day cricket for now. Spend time at the crease and set your base. Your natural flair and ability will come later. It can be the issue with young talents with all the shots who can look for too much too soon. But I am still utterly convinced he is in all format player that once irons out how to go about things he will be away. I do wonder though if being a middle order player will suit him better in the red ball game. He is a natural against spin.

Raynard did and it isn't the first time. Has a history of broken fingers. May be his strong bottom hand grip ? Not sure if this was that or hit on the head. Think he can bat anywhere from 3-6 - a real churner of runs and particularly strong on the leg side which may suit a young player initially who doesn't look for much outside off like maybe a Breetzke would.

Need to find out re.: Dupavillon because everything has gone swimmingly since end of last season.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Pite also scoring a lot of runs? Is he that much of a late bloomer?
Looks like he is. Believe his child has an illlness and really been playing with freedom this last few seasons knowing what really is important in life.

Also got to remember he would have been a player harshly a quickly kicked out the "5 white players" in a team if he failed when they had DeBruyn, Miller, Rossouw. Easy to get down on yourself and there was links he was looking to leave for New Zealand/Australia. So has more comfort in his position now I guess being captain.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Verreynne in the runs again. We said this is the moment as a young player to stand up and he is. That QdK focusing on his batting is becoming a strong option to certain people I reckon.

SeamUp

International Coach
Josh Richards debuting for the Lions. Just smashing 150s like it was norm so well deserved.

SeamUp

International Coach
Josh Richards debuting for the Lions. Just smashing 150s like it was norm so well deserved.
74 off 89 on routinely on the way to another hundred.

His run scoring looks away above normal now. Add in the hundred v touring Pakistani's last season too. There must be something about him.

He certainly doesn't look rigid and hard handed like Janneman Malan for example who has put runs on the board too.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Richards has 6 centuries in 11 matches, and looks like he's going to make it 7 in 12. Obviously those 6 came at a lower level, but it's still an impressive conversion rate (and in only has 2 50s, so when he gets in he tends to go on). I know this is talking him up during his first match at franchise level, but at what point should he come under consideration for higher honours?

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Richards has 6 centuries in 11 matches, and looks like he's going to make it 7 in 12. Obviously those 6 came at a lower level, but it's still an impressive conversion rate (and in only has 2 50s, so when he gets in he tends to go on). I know this is talking him up during his first match at franchise level, but at what point should he come under consideration for higher honours?
So tough to say right now. If selectors felt confident in him , watching him that he has something then probably earliest would be Windies tour but that would mean jumping a few and making the hard decisions and up-setting some people that SA cricket haven't done in a while.

SeamUp

International Coach
Grant Roelofsen has just scored his first franchise 4-day hundred. Talented batsmen. Despite growing up on highveld he lets the ball come to him which I like.

Was Coke Week Batsmen of the week ahead of other names who got opportunities before him.

Got 150 in SA Youth Test match v England before.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Wonder if he will even playing the U19 CWC.
If eligible he should... unless they just want him to be groomed at franchise and higher levels.

Anything more on Jono Bird? Does he plan to stick around?

Last edited: