• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Caribbean Premier League 2019 Thread

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
With my Windies selector hat on I think that Obed McCoy and Romario Shepherd have been extremely impressive so far with the ball. They both have variations, reasonable pace if they need it and have taken wickets.

Good to see Rakheem make an impact with the bat, he definitely has ability with the bat.

As for Oshane, it's a problem because he is deadly when he is bowling at 150kph and swinging it. In international cricket he has taken wickets when bowling like that. But as the World Cup went on he started bowling slower and slower and he just doesn't have the accuracy to be effective without the extreme pace. He has to improve his fitness.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah he does have a bit of Shaun Tait syndrome. Express in his first spell, seems to have ran out of gas after that. Shepherd looks a quality bowler though, McCoy is promising but has a worryingly errant front foot.

Really want to see noted former Adelaide grade cricketer Chemar Holder get a game

Bahseph

State Captain
I'm never overly harsh on players but Carlos Braithwaite has got to be the most over rated allrounder I've seen. Bloke lives off a few performances.

Beamer

Yeah he does have a bit of Shaun Tait syndrome. Express in his first spell, seems to have ran out of gas after that. Shepherd looks a quality bowler though, McCoy is promising but has a worryingly errant front foot.

Really want to see noted former Adelaide grade cricketer Chemar Holder get a game
I think Chemar Holder will be on the tour to India. He is very impressive indeed.

I'm never overly harsh on players but Carlos Braithwaite has got to be the most over rated allrounder I've seen. Bloke lives off a few performances.
Agreed. Tries hard but hasn't produced. Being friends with Jason Holder and from Barbados at a time when the coach and selectors were from there has served the likes of him and Ashley Nurse well.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rovman Powell have been making a case for himself (a very good one) since the T20I series against India a few weeks ago. Shame that WI didn't include him in the ODI team. The guy was captain of the ODI team a year ago.

Beamer

Rovman Powell have been making a case for himself (a very good one) since the T20I series against India a few weeks ago. Shame that WI didn't include him in the ODI team. The guy was captain of the ODI team a year ago.
I need to see him bat properly against spin. He still looks a walking wicket against it to me.