• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2019

Athlai

Not Terrible
The most hundreds by a NZer in a calendar year for ODIs is 4. (both Guptill and Taylor in 2015).

He already has 3 this year and has a whole world cup to beat that.

Borges

International Regular
Is this a much better Kiwi ODI line up than the ones they put up against India? Closer to what their World Cup winning XI would look like?

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Is this a much better Kiwi ODI line up than the ones they put up against India? Closer to what their World Cup winning XI would look like?
I don't think the side we fielded against India would've had much trouble against Bangladesh either, tbh.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Good to see Kane amongst runs tonight. After the world cup (or even now maaaan), I would really like to see Kuggelejin get a run in place of de grandnope. De grandnope is getting up there in age as well. I'd rather have Kuggs' 140km half volleys over 120 km absolute nothings. And Kuggs has all the time in the world to come good, he's 27.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
With SL beating SA last night, if we sweep Bangladesh in the tests we go to 2 in the rankings.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Barely watched much of this series so far. This was expected even before the start of the series. Only time I've turned on the TV is to watch Kane and Taylor bat. Otherwise Bangladesh was expected to struggle and they have struggled lot more than I can imagine. I thought they are good enough to put 270 on board but they haven't been able to. It's going to be a long tour for Bangladesh. Although I don't mind BCs winning it all through the summer I don't like one sided games. No value for money.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
With SL beating SA last night, if we sweep Bangladesh in the tests we go to 2 in the rankings.
It would be weird to be ranked above SA and Australia when we couldn't beat either of those at home, let alone away, in the most recent series. Might do better right now but that's yet to be confirmed. Ofc that's the benefit of a league system, we've done better than Aus and SA in the subcontinent/UAE in recent times and we've avoided slipping up randomly at home like SA do too.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Barely watched much of this series so far. This was expected even before the start of the series. Only time I've turned on the TV is to watch Kane and Taylor bat. Otherwise Bangladesh was expected to struggle and they have struggled lot more than I can imagine. I thought they are good enough to put 270 on board but they haven't been able to. It's going to be a long tour for Bangladesh. Although I don't mind BCs winning it all through the summer I don't like one sided games. No value for money.
It's a shame the series is just before the WC, otherwise might have been a good opportunity to introduce players like Young, Tickner and Mitchell to ODI's.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Milne to lead NZ XI pace-attack against Bangladesh

NZ XI v Bangladesh
Bharat Popli (c) (Northern Districts)
Jakob Bhula (Wellington Firebirds)
Max Chu (wk) (Otago Volts)
Blake Coburn (Canterbury)
Andrew Fletcher (Wellington Firebirds)
Nick Kelly (Northern Districts)
Ben Lockrose (Otago Volts)
Ken McClure (Canterbury)
Adam Milne (Central Stags)
Edward Nuttall (Canterbury)
Dale Phillips (Auckland Aces)
Ben Sears (Wellington Firebirds)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is this a legit name in Bangladesh?

Montaz Ali Bulb: "Its 3.20 am right now at bangladesh. But still waiting to watch the game. " Montaz Ali Bulb: "Bangladesh should play attacking cricket here. They don't need to take pressure. Lost this match dosen't effect but if they win it will great pleasure for us. "

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rubel comes in for Mithun.

Unless Mithun is injured, this is a messed up change

EDIT: i just saw that he is hamstrung

Last edited:

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
For some reason I thought Santner and Southee had been released from the squad? Is Nicholls taking the gloves?

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
For some reason I thought Santner and Southee had been released from the squad? Is Nicholls taking the gloves?
I think they were just released for the last game..?

Latham's keeping again. Hopefully this is an indication they'll take a proper keeper to the WC as his back-up (Seifert?), but with these selectors who the f**k knows.