• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Afghanistan vs Ireland at Dehradun

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
If you have to spend a month or longer somewhere in India then Dehradun is a nice place to pitch your tent. The town itself is large enough to have typical modern attraction but not large enough to become a sensory overload. Being located in Shivalik hills means attractions in the upper ranges of Himalayas are accessible on a day excursion. The stadium itself is beautiful and intimate.
welcome to the forum. Please disclose any connections you have to the Tourist Board of Uttarakhand as soon as possible

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
If you have to spend a month or longer somewhere in India then Dehradun is a nice place to pitch your tent. The town itself is large enough to have typical modern attraction but not large enough to become a sensory overload. Being located in Shivalik hills means attractions in the upper ranges of Himalayas are accessible on a day excursion. The stadium itself is beautiful and intimate.

Awesome looking stadium!

Crick77

Cricket Spectator
I think Afghanistan will Dominate the Series as the ICC T20 World Cup Qualifiers are in the mind of both AFG and IRE

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So I can't watch any unfortunately, but I reckon my early prediction Afghanistan to win the white ball stuff and Ireland the red ball will ring true.

The afghani spinners will prove decisive in the LO format but were seeing the brainless batting on display. Threw away 5 wickets while barely needing a run a ball. In a 5 day test Ireland's disciplined batting will shine through

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hmm.. Dockrell batting at #6. Does he normally bat this high?
His batting has come on a fair bit in the last couple of seasons domestically. I think he was inspired to work on it after he got dropped for Andy McBrine (genuine allrounder) based partly on batting a couple of times.

Six is definitely still too high for him in any format IMO but he's definitely become a better bat than lots of people realise just yet, I think.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Dehradun is such a small town that they will struggle to fill stadium even for an India game. Not to say anything of Afg-Ire games. But yes, it's a lovely place (haven't been there but never heard any one say they don't absolute love it).

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Zazai brings up his 100 in 42 balls, 9x4;9x6

Now 176,

In the process, they leapfrogged Graeme Smith and Loots Bosman (170), and Guptill-Williamson (171*) to go 2nd in the all-time highest opening partnership

Borges

International Regular
!00 for Zazai. This surely is not cricket. Worse than an ODI, and I thought that was not possible.