• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of South Africa 2019

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty important for SA to put up a good show with the bat here. Can't keep going 3 or 4 down for FA.

trundler

Lakmal is such a likeable player. Making things happen even if he's surrounded by mediocrity. Great over.

MrPrez

International Debutant
At work so not watching - is this a particularly bowler-friendly pitch or are both teams just batting poorly?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
At work so not watching - is this a particularly bowler-friendly pitch or are both teams just batting poorly?
Decent bowling, typical SA pitch has something in it for everybody... and some poor batting. Not great from either Amla or Markram really.

Borges

International Regular
Time is clearly running out on Amla. It is not even that he is playing well and then getting out all of a sudden.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Decent bowling, typical SA pitch has something in it for everybody... and some poor batting. Not great from either Amla or Markram really.
Shot.

I somewhat expected SL to score under 200; was curious about us because I'd expected us to do better with the bat.

SeamUp

International Coach
I think we should have scored 350 at least when against this attack batting first. No disrespect to Sri Lanka. We all respect Lakmal and how he turned his career around and he is just solid but the others are 5 tests, 4 tests, debut etc

Saying that we had a caught leg-side and a run out non-strikers end which could be seen as the ****test way to get out in test cricket and both got starts. Elgar & Markram hadn't played since 3rd test v Pakistan.

Sri Lanka bowled some good balls and the ball moved just enough and going in with 6 batsman and the above into account probably doesn't give a fair reflection of 235 in first innings.

I don't think you want to rely on 2nd innings runs in Durban.

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Our batting has been poor; only notable was that innings against Pak, otherwise been poor this entire summer.....

... as we lose another.

trundler

Embuldeniya - the one ancient murals predicted would put to rest all mediocre pie-chucking spinners for good. He Who Shall Succeed Herath.

vcs

Will be interesting to see how SA's batsmen do in India later this year. I don't expect the wickets to be as dustbowl-y as they were last time, and Ashwin has declined, but the pace attack has improved.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Just back from work (and melting)... Seriously, Bavuma's is the only wicket that doesn't look absolutely terrible...