• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of New Zealand 2019

Borges

International Regular
This Indian team is one which did not win convincingly against a very poor Australian team.
New Zealand are a much better ODI team than Australia; New Zealand would be a better ODI team even after Australia have their cheats back in harness.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I wouldn't be rushing to play two spinners against India unless it's a dustbin or something.

Furthermore, do we really want both Sodhi and Santner in our ODI side for WC games in England? I'd have both in T20s, but not so convinced about ODIs in England.
While Sodhi has been far from consistent you probably need as many options as possible if the World Cup games are going to be bat-a-thons. I'm sure there will be a case for playing 2 spinners in at least a couple of those 9 pool games.

Hicheal Michael

U19 Captain
I wouldn't be rushing to play two spinners against India unless it's a dustbin or something.

Furthermore, do we really want both Sodhi and Santner in our ODI side for WC games in England? I'd have both in T20s, but not so convinced about ODIs in England.
England have been bowling upwards of 23-24 overs of spin at times at home courtesy of Ali, Rashid, and Root.

Flem274*

123/5
i think the selectors see him as the 3rd quick in our best team. i think nz cw is united in wanting a lack of southee and more ferguson with the new ball, or at least someone not called tim southee with the new ball.

athlai the notable exception, continuing his long tradition of being wrong.

Flem274*

123/5
you're wrong because you'd keep southee. one vs two spinners in nz is a marginal call even with two decent ones.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I'd love to see some 350 vs 350 shoot outs, there's been a bit of lack of em in India for some time. 175 vs 175 would be great too, nothing in between plz.