• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of New Zealand 2019

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Can understand the selectors wanting to put their first choice team out for an India series, but it probably means the World Cup squad is pretty much decided barring one or two positions. Looks like Southee is a lock-in no matter what so have to hope he runs into some form. Since Bracewell is in the frame, I hope they give him a couple of games and we get some clarity on what role he might play - as a proper bowler or another contender for the allrounder spot. Would have really liked Neesham in there to see how he would go against a much better attack but hopefully he gets two games in at the end.

Heboric

International Debutant
Pity there are no tests, I would have liked to see India play against a side who at least knows what side of the bat to hold. I am sure they would give India a good run

Borges

International Regular
Pity there are no tests, I would have liked to see India play against a side who at least knows what side of the bat to hold. I am sure they would give India a good run
India are scheduled to play two test matches in New Zealand next year; that tour too is dominated by countless number of limited over games.

Flem274*

123/5
it's going to be very awkward if munro, henry and southee continue to struggle in this series. honestly, given how they're playing, we need to be checking the likes of bennett, bracewell, kugglejuggle, milne etc to see their late bids. the form of munro, southee and henry is frustrating to watch but all will be forgiven very quickly if one or both returns to their best.

i'm coming around to the idea of the below tbh

guptill
latham (wk)
williamson
taylor
nicholls
de grandhomme/neesham
santner
sodhi
yet to be announced bowling allrounder
ferguson
boult

bats deep, 5 real bowlers, no passengers.

IKWT

Cricket Spectator
it's going to be very awkward if munro, henry and southee continue to struggle in this series. honestly, given how they're playing, we need to be checking the likes of bennett, bracewell, kugglejuggle, milne etc to see their late bids. the form of munro, southee and henry is frustrating to watch but all will be forgiven very quickly if one or both returns to their best.

i'm coming around to the idea of the below tbh

guptill
latham (wk)
williamson
taylor
nicholls
de grandhomme/neesham
santner
sodhi
yet to be announced bowling allrounder
ferguson
boult

bats deep, 5 real bowlers, no passengers.
Fill that spot with Henry and that's my preferred team for the WC. He's been a bit **** here but he'll come right in English conditions.

Agree on ditching Munro. He might win us 1 in ten games, but probably not the ones that count. Latham and Nichols both deserve to be there but they're too similar to bat 5 and 6. We need a power option at 6.

Hicheal Michael

U19 Captain
The only problem with Latham is that his front pad was getting blown off against anyone who could swing the ball back in at 140kph.

He is in great form though and will probably score from anywhere atm.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
This is who I'd like to see first up on Wednesday:

Guptill
Latham
Williamson
Taylor
Nicholls
de Grandhomme
Santa
Sodhi
Henry
Fergusson
Boult

A longish tail, but I think we should play our spinners as often as conditions allow before the world cup. Maybe Bracewell for Sodhi if there's absolutely nothing in the wicket and they want a bit more batting firepower...

Flem274*

123/5
i want southee, henry, bracewell and munro to play all 5 games in a make or break deal. since they're in the squad we need to see what they've got once and for all.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
It is quite a weird squad for this series. Cos I have no idea if they're gonna play Nicholls at 6 and CdG/Bracewell at 7, Santner at 8? Surely Bracewell isnt a 7?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is who I'd like to see first up on Wednesday:

Guptill
Latham
Williamson
Taylor
Nicholls
de Grandhomme
Santa
Sodhi
Henry
Fergusson
Boult

A longish tail, but I think we should play our spinners as often as conditions allow before the world cup. Maybe Bracewell for Sodhi if there's absolutely nothing in the wicket and they want a bit more batting firepower...
I wouldn't be rushing to play two spinners against India unless it's a dustbin or something.

Furthermore, do we really want both Sodhi and Santner in our ODI side for WC games in England? I'd have both in T20s, but not so convinced about ODIs in England.

sunilz

International Regular
Based on performance in last 2 years a combined IND/NZ team will look like :
All-round records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo.com
All-round records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo.com

Rohit
Guptill
Kohli
Taylor
Williamson
Dhoni
Neesham
Kuldeep
Chahal
Bumrah
Boult

However since Bumrah is rested from this series and absence of Pandya has disturbed the balance of the team as we can't play both Kuldeep and Chahal , NZ are huge favourites for this series . If IND wins this series , I would consider it as an upset victory.