• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

V Reddy

International Debutant
The thing that will always continue to effect Women's cricket will be run rates. Just too boring if even in onedayers the avg run rate is just 3 per over :sleep:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
30 overs could work but it would help if it was more publisiced.If i did a survey down here to find out if they knew women played cricket i bet only 5% at the most would know about it.50 overs is too long for women's cricket.Reducing the overs could escape some of the bore associated with 50 overs especially with the low run rates.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just remember, guys, that women have only been playing Tests for just over 30 years whereas men's Test cricket has been going for 127 years. That's a huge time difference in the development of the game and I'm sure at the same point, men's cricket wouldn't have been quite as interesting to watch for you guy either.

Besides, as has been pointed out, there are different things to watch in women's cricket which have been somewhat forgotten in the men's game; the subtleties of spin bowling, medium-paced swing bowling, hitting the gaps for two's and three's to get runs (yes, this stuff used to be in the men's game; remember Javed Miandad?), etc. It's not slower, just different. Give it a chance!

Regardless, women have just as much a right to play in the same way as men. It sounds like some of you guys want to stop women playing cricket at all!

Craig

World Traveller
Linda said:
How come our men's cricket team dont do this?

*looks at some piccys of the guys*

Ok, I see. Just a couple of them would be nice though... ;)
I dont suppose that being being Shane Watson and Brett Lee?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Top_Cat said:
Just remember, guys, that women have only been playing Tests for just over 30 years whereas men's Test cricket has been going for 127 years.

Yet in an ironic twist, have been playing ODI's for longer...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
Probably, but either way "isn't ironic"?

A bit like 10000 spoons when all you need is a knife.
It's like meeting the man of my dreams... and then meeting his beautiful wife