• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Denly and Jennings getting runs and therefore places in the Ashes team would be classic trolling by us, I love it. Give utter thrashings in the first 2 matches and then let the two worst players score runs thus completing screwing up the Ashes team :laugh:.

I'm really glad this terrible luck is coming in the dead rubber. Poor Keemo, I really hope he's ok. It would suck if he was out for a while.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Jennings has only played the two tests and scored a mere 60 runs but he has faced the 3rd most balls by an England batsman this series. Very close to surpassing Bravo for lowest S/R as well.

Beamer

Really not sure how these two are still in. Quite possibly the worst 50 partnership I've ever seen.

hazsa19

International Regular
Haha, please, please let that be the end, for his sake as much as ours.

Also, I’m not sure what the comms are banging on about bad luck. That’s about the 5th leg stump ball he’s comprehensively failed get bat on this morning. Should be bread and butter for an opening batsman.

Last edited:

Beamer

THis is well and truly done. Bravo isn't fielding due to a finger injury, Paul is off with a potentially serious injury, Hetmeyer is having to field at slip due to the absence of Holder and Bravo so we will have to bowl everyone basically.

Edit: Good old Jennings. A suitably ugly dismissal to end a horrendous tour. Worst looking international opener since Chandrika?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aussie hearts break as Jennings trudges off, slightly unlucky dismissal TBH.

Beamer

Tbf he should have been out countless times before that. Lady luck was just evening itself out. What a horrendous innings.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wood performing yesterday was bizarre. Wood and Denly performing in the same match is too much though. Is this a Doomsday forewarning?

Beamer

I know this is a dead rubber and we're 2 men down with Bravo and Paul injured, but it's no coincidence that even our bowling looks listless whenever Kraigg is captain. That's 5 matches now, which is a big enough sample size. Not at all impressed with the team under his leadership.

theegyptian

Jennings has only played the two tests and scored a mere 60 runs but he has faced the 3rd most balls by an England batsman this series. Very close to surpassing Bravo for lowest S/R as well.
Yep
He actually did a job for England in the series. He may not have looked like scoring runs or anything, and he looked way out of his depth, but he did spend some time at the crease and make it easier for those coming in later (even if they didn't capitalise upon it. Long term based on his performances obviously they are going to discard him, but there was some merit to what he did in the series however bad his batting and avg were. He is currently averaging more than Ali, Root and Foakes fwiw.

Andy1993

U19 Cricketer
Surely we can't and won't see Jenninngs in a test shirt again? Burns could also be in trouble if a couple of openers get going early season in CC...but Jennings has to go, and never come back!