• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
The last time a Campbell opened the batting for us was in 2001- Sherwin Campbell against Australia with scores of 79 and 54
Ah Sherwin. He started a fine tradition of West Indian lead footed openers :). I quite like Campbell 2.0 but in no way is he ready for Test cricket. Not even close. Still a better option than Powell.

This Presidents XI is putting on a horrible display. It will be interesting to see if England were just too good and carry on in this vein or if this XI was just awful. In the last 5 years or so our A team and warm up XI's have been extremely competitive. Definitely not the case here though.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah Sherwin. He started a fine tradition of West Indian lead footed openers :). I quite like Campbell 2.0 but in no way is he ready for Test cricket. Not even close. Still a better option than Powell.

This Presidents XI is putting on a horrible display. It will be interesting to see if England were just too good and carry on in this vein or if this XI was just awful. In the last 5 years or so our A team and warm up XI's have been extremely competitive. Definitely not the case here though.
Sherwin's double ton was on par with another one-doubleton wonder: Wasim Jaffer.

I have heard good things about John Campbell during the commentary of the regional matches. It was already established that he would take the place of Kieran.
Better than Powell...we'll see. I hope we are all right.

The English seamers must have been swinging the ball all over the place. I thought we were inept against spin, but here we are being exposed against bowlers with legendary statuses.

Beamer

Sherwin's double ton was on par with another one-doubleton wonder: Wasim Jaffer.

I have heard good things about John Campbell during the commentary of the regional matches. It was already established that he would take the place of Kieran.
Better than Powell...we'll see. I hope we are all right.

The English seamers must have been swinging the ball all over the place. I thought we were inept against spin, but here we are being exposed against bowlers with legendary statuses.
We got bounced out by Neil Wagner not so long ago. I think our batting is just inept full stop. Hoping Hetmeyer, Bravo, Shai and Chase can step up finally.

SillyCowCorner1

We got bounced out by Neil Wagner not so long ago. I think our batting is just inept full stop. Hoping Hetmeyer, Bravo, Shai and Chase can step up finally.
That Kiwi Land is always a sad place to play cricket. If it's not roads, then it's a pasture.

Our batting is one of the best we've had in a while with the addition of Bravo

Beamer

That Kiwi Land is always a sad place to play cricket. If it's not roads, then it's a pasture.

Our batting is one of the best we've had in a while with the addition of Bravo
I agree in theory. It's just that Kraigg is in a massive slump, Shai keeps getting out after starts, Hety is learning, Bravo hasn't played for ages, Chase is a bit hit or miss, Dowrich has been great recently but really struggled in England last time and Campbell is completely new.

With Holder at 8 it could be a strong batting lineup but it's all just on paper, there are some glaring weaknesses that need sorting out first.

SillyCowCorner1

I agree in theory. It's just that Kraigg is in a massive slump, Shai keeps getting out after starts, Hety is learning, Bravo hasn't played for ages, Chase is a bit hit or miss, Dowrich has been great recently but really struggled in England last time and Campbell is completely new.

With Holder at 8 it could be a strong batting lineup but it's all just on paper, there are some glaring weaknesses that need sorting out first.
Now just imagine if Rakheem was in there as the main spinner.

Beamer

Now just imagine if Rakheem was in there as the main spinner.
Indeed. He would add a huge amount to this side (literally of course!)

I could see the following side in future when Kemar retires or gets injured. It has batting to 10 and real firepower in the lower order:

Braithwaite
Rubbish opening batsman (whoever they pick at the time lol)
Bravo
Hope
Chase
Hetmeyer
Dowrich
Holder
Cornwall
Paul
Gabriel

Howe_zat

Audio File
Last edited:

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Mark Wood being included in an England squad will never not annoy me; even if he is only there to replace someone who probably wasn't going to play anyway.

Daemon

379 all out good score because 258 for 7 when FOAKES OUT.

SAM 47, #10 Rashid 48 & Woakes 43

Earlier BURNS 68 & Johnny hit 98

middle order and jennings failure.Root /ben rested

3 w each by Campbell/Reifer
thank you for that succint summary

Howe_zat

Audio File
379 all out good score because 258 for 7 when FOAKES OUT.

SAM 47, #10 Rashid 48 & Woakes 43

Earlier BURNS 68 & Johnny hit 98

middle order and jennings failure.Root /ben rested

3 w each by Campbell/Reifer
so you just don't give any sort of **** about first name vs last name huh

Beamer

2 wickets down straight away for the Board XI. Devon Thomas opening got out to Broad first ball and Blackwood LBW to Curran.

31/2 represents a vastly improved start though :laugh: