• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2018-19

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That advantage air ad has to be the worst ad on tv. Why do I care how you treat your employees? I mean great, you treat your employees like most other businesses out there but it makes no difference to me as a customer. Tell me about what you do ffs.
Most businesses treat their employees like **** if hey can get away with it because they’re motivated by profit uber alles.

Burgey

Sabba with the black armband on for his former Greenies team mate who died yesterday. Good on him.

Burgey

Don’t drink the Victorian Kool Aid. nothing in it.

White is one of the most unco looking yet effective batsmen I’ve ever seen.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Most businesses treat their employees like **** if hey can get away with it because they’re motivated by profit uber alles.
Does yours?

Businesses are as variable as people. Some treat their employees like crap and they cop the headlines but most business owners are just regular folk who treat their employees with decency and respect.

Burgey

Well no, because I work for the govt, and it’s my job to make sure people get their fair entitlements.

And it seems your experience of business is very different to most people’s tbh.

Last edited:

Burgey

How good is it to see two of Australia’s recent first choice spinners facing off against each other here?

Burgey

Why do they need to replace the ball when it goes under the fence? Are they lost or do they get damaged?

Finch is playing this perfectly here imo.

stephen

Well no, because I work for the govt, and it’s my job to make sure people get their fair entitlements.

And it seems your experience of business is very different to most people’s tbh.
So you deal with people who have been screwed over by their bosses all day? No wonder your perceptions are the way they are.

I have some other lawyer friends and the people that layers have to deal with on a regular basis seem like they'd make anyone lose faith in humanity.

I've disagreements and fallings out with bosses from time to time but I've never had one that felt malicious and I've never had one not following the law wrt pay and entitlements. One of them, in the late 90s even provided full back pay for several years when they realised they were supposed to pay 1.5 rates on a Sunday.

Then again I've mostly worked for small businesses and most of those were run by professionals. I'm currently working for the largest organisation I've ever worked for and they're a medium sized business (~100 employees).

I know that my sample size isn't indicative of everyone and it's highly dependent on industry, but the majority of businesses aren't out to screw their employees.

stephen

I reckon Sydney are ahead here. Ball seems to not come onto the bat as well later in the innings.

Burgey

So you deal with people who have been screwed over by their bosses all day? No wonder your perceptions are the way they are.

I have some other lawyer friends and the people that layers have to deal with on a regular basis seem like they'd make anyone lose faith in humanity.

I've disagreements and fallings out with bosses from time to time but I've never had one that felt malicious and I've never had one not following the law wrt pay and entitlements. One of them, in the late 90s even provided full back pay for several years when they realised they were supposed to pay 1.5 rates on a Sunday.

Then again I've mostly worked for small businesses and most of those were run by professionals. I'm currently working for the largest organisation I've ever worked for and they're a medium sized business (~100 employees).

I know that my sample size isn't indicative of everyone and it's highly dependent on industry, but the majority of businesses aren't out to screw their employees.
Yeah it’s all dependent on what your experience is I suppose. Views impacted by that sort of thing