• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

10 overs a side matches

Bijed

International Regular
I'm not quite sure why they've come into existence and they don't particularly interest me, but neither do I object to their existence. Harmless and inconsequential.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're a far too diluted form of cricket for me. Each bowler gets only 2 overs and batsmen slog out blindly from ball one. Makes it one dimensional and shallow tactically.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
What will be the next stage of evolution? T-toss? You just toss and decide winner? Takes out all boring phases of cricket.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
What will be the next stage of evolution? T-toss? You just toss and decide winner? Takes out all boring phases of cricket.
I enjoy it when the players & umpires walk out on to the pitch, and when they return to the pavilion, but the toss itself can go on for a bit long. I'd like to see a shortened version of it tbh.

SillyCowCorner1

They're a far too diluted form of cricket for me. Each bowler gets only 2 overs and batsmen slog out blindly from ball one. Makes it one dimensional and shallow tactically.
Money trumps the quality of cricket.

An orgasm of six hitting is what 'fans' want

Perfect match made in heaven.
Hope it triumphs over Hong Kong Sixes

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
T20s are already the perfect length for commercial/casual fan consumption

This is just silly

cnerd123

likes this
Well obviously the next phase would be 5 over cricket. 1 over per bowler. No powerplays. Entire game done and dusted in under 45 minutes

Or basically the Hong Kong Sixes

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Go out to the local golf driving range, set up a bowling machine on it's slowest and easiest setting, see who can slog one the furthest.

Can't be too far off at this rate

Daemon

The good thing is I don't think the viewership numbers are great. Other than Shahzad the other day no one really seems to give a ****. It's basically a tournament created for spot fixing imo.

Daemon

Yeah there are tons of these. The ones where the balls bounce make for better viewing though.

srbhkshk

International Captain
T20s are already the perfect length for commercial/casual fan consumption

This is just silly
I think the perfect length is more ~1.5 hours.

I don't understand all this crying about the bowling being a non-factor in going from T20 to T10 or whatever, When has it ever been a factor in T20s? - and if it has been at moments those would shine through just as much in a smaller format too - there's nothing magical about 20 overs.

Borges

International Regular
there's nothing magical about 20 overs.
20 over games are a lot better than 50 over games, these days.
Go to much less than 20 overs and we get abominations, like the aforementioned (hopefully extinct) King Kong circus.