• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of Bangladesh 2018

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Holder was replaced in the 15-man squad byGuyana allrounder Raymon Reifer, the only change from the squad that toured India last month. Reifer made his Test debut against New Zealand in Hamilton last year for a total of 52 runs and two wickets in the match. He had played two patient innings at No. 8 in the Test West Indies lost: an unbeaten 23 in the first innings and a 109-ball 29 in the second. He has not played another Test since then.
Injured Holder out of Bangladesh tour; K Brathwaite to lead in Tests - ESPNcricinfo

Raymon Reifer is actually Bajan.

Poor work from the guys who are getting paid at ESPNCricinfo.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I think you are confusing 'licks' with 'leaks'.

Careful with the expediency of your posts.
I like gomez' posts. He/she obviously loves their cricket and has some interesting stats and opinions, it's easy to work out the point being made even if the translation isn't perfect. They do a better job posting in English than majority of others would do posting in Bangladeshi for example. Keep posting gomez

SillyCowCorner1

I like gomez' posts. He/she obviously loves their cricket and has some interesting stats and opinions, it's easy to work out the point being made even if the translation isn't perfect. They do a better job posting in English than majority of others would do posting in Bangladeshi for example. Keep posting gomez
Me too. But licks is more in our West Indian vocab: "Licks like peas"

Tom Flint

International Regular
Here in England 'lick' in cricket means to smash some poor bowler around the park. A phrase introduced from the West Indian community

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Guyana allrounder = allrounder who plays for Guyana
Guyanan allrounder = allrounder who is native to Guyana ("Guyanese allrounder" here would also mean the same thing, and probably more common)

Much like:
Barbados allrounder = allrounder who plays for Barbados
Bajan allrounder = allrounder who is native to Barbados

Or:
Victoria allrounder = allrounder who plays for Victoria
Victorian allrounder = allrounder who is native to Victoria

Or:

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Guyana allrounder = allrounder who plays for Guyana
Guyanan allrounder = allrounder who is native to Guyana ("Guyanese allrounder" here would also mean the same thing, and probably more common)

Much like:
Barbados allrounder = allrounder who plays for Barbados
Bajan allrounder = allrounder who is native to Barbados

Or:
Victoria allrounder = allrounder who plays for Victoria
Victorian allrounder = allrounder who is native to Victoria

Or:
Thank yuh. Meh rant was short lived:D

Slifer

International Captain
If kieron Powell plays another test for the wi, think I'll stop watching the wi team for a bit

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
If kieron Powell plays another test for the wi, think I'll stop watching the wi team for a bit
Tbh I looked at the squad with no changes and thought the same. There's really not a lot to get excited about outside of seeing if Hetmeyer can adapt his game for tests yet.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer

Squad: Shakib Al Hasan (c), Soumya Sarkar, Imrul Kayes, Mohammad Mithun, Mominul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim, Ariful Haque, Mahmudullah, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Mustafizur Rahman, Taijul Islam, Syed Khaled Ahmed, Naeem Hasan

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah that stuff is really common in tour games, especially the shorter ones. If something happened to him he'd have retired hurt rather than out.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Yeah that stuff is really common in tour games, especially the shorter ones. If something happened to him he'd have retired hurt rather than out.
Yeah when I posted that the Cricinfo scorecard said retired hurt not retired out, hence my concern. Luckily it was just a scorers error.

Still feeling meh about this series. No new players tried at all, same old same old. Our spinners are insanely ordinary. We'll rely on our decent seam attack, of which one major component is injured. Plus the conditions for them will be dreadful. It's not going to be much fun.

Flem274*

123/5
the windies seem to grow ho hum openers who cling on to test careers for decades on the trees there

powell needs a massive punt. i hope the windies win this. i hate bangladesh and their shrieking wicketkeeper.