• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian team complains about bland Australian food

sunilz

International Regular
“Players often complain about the blandness of food served in Australia. There are a few vegetarians in the team who really struggle at the grounds. The inspection team has also roped in an Indian restaurant in Australia to supply curries to the boys,” a source was as quoted by Mumbai Mirror.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...t-australia/story-eL8bQSJQ8ZqYcchxtl78nL.html

This is a very serious issue. :ph34r: I would request comments from CW food expert Burgey. :D

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Poor guys. Everything is a downgrade for people used to Indian food, but a country that gave us pie floaters must be a unique torture to put up with.

andmark

International Captain
A great one was when Kohli or the team generally complained about England being hot.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I can confirm there are bananas for the vegetarians at all major cricket venues in Australia.

Burgey

I can't believe this. It's really unusual for the Indian cricket team to have a sook and act as ungracious and ungrateful visitors to another country. Should be happy they can drink the tap water here without a bout of dysentery like at home and move on.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Who exactly complained? What about people in the Indian team who love beef? Surely they can't direct the entire team to not eat beef because they love cows ffs?

Burgey

Who cares what they ****ing think or want? Like John Clarke said to the manager of the Dream Team ahead of the Sydney Olympics in The Games -" I know your clients have special requests, but how about this? They'll stay where they're put, when they're put there. They'll eat what they're given, when they're given it. And if they don't like it they can shove it up their arses."

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Poor guys. Everything is a downgrade for people used to Indian food, but a country that gave us pie floaters must be a unique torture to put up with.
Yeah, not having to disguise rotten meat with a million spices is a real downgrade

Daemon

There was an incident where Ishant Sharma left the ground to find some vegetarian food because there wasn't any served at the ground. Was in the UK iirc.

Burgey

Imagine complaining about this when guests to your own country are called monkeys and have to drink bottled water to avoid cholera.