• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Australia 2018

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sangha bringing his nsw form to the PM’s match. This side is as terminal as Morrison’s PMship

ajdude

International Coach
absolute disgrace that these score graphics are going to be used in ODIs

they look like a bad cricket 07 mod

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
absolute disgrace that these score graphics are going to be used in ODIs

they look like a bad cricket 07 mod
Which graphics dont you rate? If its the scorecard I kind of like it but TBF 2007 was probably my prime.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Scratch that. The most ridiculous thing is the talking up of Philippe as a test player.
Brett Lee's insightful comment suggesting that if he'd only converted one of his OD domestic fifties into a ton he'd be right in the frame was particularly dire. I hope no-one tells him he hit a ton in the first round of the Shield or he'll start unironically picking him in fantasy Test teams.

Xuhaib

International Coach
is Qadir a potential baggy green?

His numbers in mediocre Pakistan first class circuit are horrible and makes Qadir Sr look like a buffoon for claiming that his son moved Down Under because selectors don't give him chances because they have issues with me.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
is Qadir a potential baggy green?

His numbers in mediocre Pakistan first class circuit are horrible and makes Qadir Sr look like a buffoon for claiming that his son moved Down Under because selectors don't give him chances because they have issues with me.
Not in the immediate future given WA don't seem particularly keen on selecting him in FC cricket. He bowled a heap of crap in his Shield game when he came in as a concussion replacement and then was immediately dropped in favour of picking no less than six fast bowlers without a spinner in sight. It'd obviously be nuts to rule him out entirely given how rapidly leggies can improve but he doesn't seem to be First Class standard to me at this point. To be fair to him he did have a good one day tournament; his wrong'un is pretty good which could serve him well in limited overs cricket.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Unless he improves dramatically we're in desperate trouble if we have to pick him for tests. I suppose he might do a Tahir maybe in ODIs, but I think Pope'll probably be picked before him.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has anyone got an idea how the new perth deck is supposed to play? Haven’t seen much cricket there at all so far

Xuhaib

International Coach
yeah I believe BBL is more a target for him then baggy green opens up opportunities for him with IPL, CPL, Natwest 20/20 was never a keen FC player even in Pakistan.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Has anyone got an idea how the new perth deck is supposed to play? Haven’t seen much cricket there at all so far
It's "supposed" to be more or less a fast road. From what I've seen in the Shield games there it's been a bouncy road that plays the same in the first session on Day 1 as it does in the third on Day 4. In this game it was a slow road that turned a bit, but I'm pretty sure it was a used deck.

EDIT: Apparently this post is totally useless as the Shield games were at the WACA and this game was in Canberra. Ignore me.
EDIT2: This game was still in Canberra, but actually the Shield games I watched were at the new stadium.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's "supposed" to be more or less a fast road. From what I've seen in the Shield games there it's been a bouncy road that plays the same in the first session on Day 1 as it does in the third on Day 4. In this game it was a slow road that turned a bit, but I'm pretty sure it was a used deck.
Sounds meh. Needs some inconsistent bounce.