• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

nagraj85

Banned
Nothing to do with bowling to different batsmen then?

And did you consider the possibility that faster and bouncier wickets that the Aus batsmen are more used to might have actually made it easier for the Aus batsmen to face India's bowlers?

still laughable. Faster wickets would have helped Australia's batsmen and their bowlers. India have already struggled at times against the shorter ball this series, faster wickets would have made that a lot worse. Sorry but it's just a really silly claim to make.
u should laugh at yourselves then because it was lyon who created problems to india on that fastest track and not australian fast bowlers. Batsmen such as rahane and rohit sharma like bounce and ball coming on their bat.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Last time AUS produced fast pitch they lost at home to SA . There is a reason why AUS produce flat tracks at home . Their batsmen are even worse than India in playing fast bowling .
When did we produce a fast pitch against SA? The Perth surface was unexceptional, and very easy on day 3 and Hobart green but not fast. Adelaide was bouncy enough and we won handily. The Perth test just gone was the quickest surface I've seen in years here and we won. If we had Warner and Smith the whole story might be different.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Last time AUS produced fast pitch they lost at home to SA . There is a reason why AUS produce flat tracks at home . Their batsmen are even worse than India in playing fast bowling .
Yeah because the relative benefits of a fast pitch against SA and India are the same . . . do you actually think about what you're posting beforehand?

When did we produce a fast pitch against SA? The Perth surface was unexceptional, and very easy on day 3 and Hobart green but not fast. Adelaide was bouncy enough and we won handily. The Perth test just gone was the quickest surface I've seen in years here and we won. If we had Warner and Smith the whole story might be different.
this ****show is painful. I wish I could just ignore it and not get dragged into it. To think it all got started because someone had the temerity to suggest that Smith & Warner playing might have made a difference.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

I'm all for a bit of tongue in cheek partisan hackery but what a junk thread. I don't know why people find ignoring dumb posts so difficult.

Last edited:

sunilz

International Regular
So you accept the fact that AUS doctored wickets for this tour at perth and are demainding doctored wickets at Sydney too.
https://www.timesnownews.com/sports...ia-reckons-scg-pitch-will-favour-india/339228

TheJediBrah

So you accept the fact that AUS doctored wickets for this tour at perth and are demainding doctored wickets at Sydney too.
https://www.timesnownews.com/sports...ia-reckons-scg-pitch-will-favour-india/339228
none of what you said is factual or backed up in the source you've provided

The article you posted features Australian captain stating disappointment that wickets are favouring India. No one demanding anything. Trust me, I wish Aus did doctor wickets, it annoys me that they don't and often seem to play into oppositions hands in home Tests. Letting India dictate where they played this tour (ie not at Brisbane) was a joke.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nope. This pitch at Perth played the way the pitch at Optus has generally played. It's a new pitch in case you weren't playing attention. Sydney has had plenty enough for the pace bowlers on occasion recently domestically and internationally, as a matter of fact we have produced pitches that are generous to India for almost all matches over the past three tours at least compared to said pitches' normal states.

Borges

International Regular
I'm assuming he isn't fit lol. He did look a bit labored at times this Test.
Yeah, you are right; cricbuzz reports that "Ishant Sharma's absence is owing to the discomfort he has felt in his left rib cage. The team management opted against risking the pacer for the SCG game" ;

Spark

Global Moderator
Nope. This pitch at Perth played the way the pitch at Optus has generally played. It's a new pitch in case you weren't playing attention. Sydney has had plenty enough for the pace bowlers on occasion recently domestically and internationally, as a matter of fact we have produced pitches that are generous to India for almost all matches over the past three tours at least.
idk how you can describe a pitch which had one fc game and 0 tests played previously as having a general character. i think no one really knew what to expect, least of all the curators.