• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The non Smith players bat quite literally multiple times better at home. Definitely not 'minnow standard' in this context, even after accounting for the exaggeration.

the big bambino

International Captain
They score those runs in the context of Smith subduing the opposition bowlers. Without him they'll have to do the killing themselves. I'm doubtful they can. Khawaja shows promise becoming a player who can succeed anywhere. Still has a way to go. But yes he's at home now but will have to score in quantities even he hasn't managed before to carry this batting line up. I mean look at it. From the recent tests Khawaja, Finch, the Marshes, Head and Labuschagne. That doesn't look minnow to you? Fairly reeks of it. The Marshes recently bashed up England. But that was against an attack where Broad wasn't as effective as he once was. Anderson was good but he bowls a style that is most suitable as a compliment to a better balanced attack than England had last time out here. He'd go even better as part of an attack India will bring out. The kind of attack that is better than the one India embarrassed S Marsh with in 2011/12.

Marnus, Finch and Head do not have any sort of record that allows you to say they play multiple times better at home. At the best we can hope for Finch to contribute, Head to get more experience building an innings and Marnus to show us something he has hitherto not revealed. More likely is 2 out of 3 will fail and the other get a pass mark. Behind them are Renshaw and Handscomb. I like the former but I'm not convinced he can make it as a test player. Handscomb has too many flaws in his game. Who then - Maxwell? Hmmm. You wouldn't bet on him.

With the 3 banned players plus Usman and say Finch and M Marsh we have a batting side. Without them we're minnows. A potentially great series that has been degraded by CA.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Nah. Hard to tell what that means - on the one hands more roads is probably better for us, on the other they're the sort of roads (bar Perth which I have no idea how it'll play) that India should handle well.
I'm not hoping for these pitches to swing some Aussie wins. I'm just hoping for a great Melbourne pitch as it seems like a long long time since they served up anything decent. As for Adelaide, it was just curiosity. I seem to remember India had refused the day night aspect. That means I get less time to watch after I finish work.

I can't pick this series in the slightest. I think Kholi is going to go huge this series. At the moment he is in God mode. India's pace bowling has recently impressed me, so if we serve bowler friendly pitches we could be in lots of trouble and if we serve roads India will bat us out of games. I have no confidence in the batting, even at home. I think Australia are ****ed.

Flem274*

123/5
indias bowling is being overstated for australian conditions. it's a bit of a weird place. shami for example is way too skiddy for the place unless he's pinpoint accurate like jimmy anderson, likewise bhuvi. ashwin and jadeja will be holding bowlers at best. there's a lot on the shoulders of ishant and bumrah here.

TheJediBrah

Sucks for India more than anyone because they potentially have a team this time that could have pushed even a full strength Australia (with a bit of luck). Now even if they win they'll be left wondering how they would have gone had Aus not left out those few players.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Sucks for India more than anyone because they potentially have a team this time that could have pushed even a full strength Australia (with a bit of luck). Now even if they win they'll be left wondering how they would have gone had Aus not left out those few players.
Definitely not. With the key players out, it has just come to even space now. I am still not overly optimistic about India's chances. I will be very happy if we can win here and won't be wondering.

TheJediBrah

Definitely not. With the key players out, it has just come to even space now. I am still not overly optimistic about India's chances. I will be very happy if we can win here and won't be wondering.
I would have thought everyone would be wondering, especially if India win comfortably

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I would have thought everyone would be wondering, especially if India win comfortably
I don't think India will win comfortably. India's overseas problems transcends opposition's team strengths and has lost to weaker teams than the current Australia team multiple times overseas. Yes, there is a huge chance now but still we will need Kohli to fire to get the win.

the big bambino

International Captain
I think people are underestimating the Indian bowling. The incumbents have improved and Bumrah’s inclusion on top of that really has given them depth and edge.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree Bambino.

The Indian bowling right now is the best that it's ever been. It's still not as good as Australia's but Australian batting is weaker than it had been since Hawke was prime minister.

I think the Indian batting will be better than ours but our bowling might make up the difference.

I think it'll be a good, close series. Unless they repeal Smith's ban in which case he might be able to get his batting average up to 70.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I think India's ability away from home is being vastly overrated. Don't forget they were destroyed by Sam Curren, Mooen Ali and Jos Buttler

OverratedSanity

Just like in SA and England, India will win a test at some point on the tour. I'd be satisfied with that.

Look at all these Aussies Ghambiring. Just when you thought Aussie Cricket couldn't fall any further.
All these Aussie cowards sneakily gambhiring without admitting it. Own it with pride or don't do it.

cnerd123

likes this
It's a dark time to be an Australian cricket fan. Since the ATG generation retired they've begun to lose all around the world, have had disciplinary issues, players strikes, ball tampering and now this whole culture and ethics review. Must be so depressing to be a fan.

I hope we beat them to make them feel worse. ****s deserve to be miserable tbh