• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2018/19

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lehmann had his speed fetish and Chappell with his twink fetish. We’ve been picking guys on every number except the ones they get in the field or at the crease.
TBF with the former, were there any undeserving quicks picked during Lehmann's time because of their speed? Literally every quick picked was Test-class.

howardj

International Coach
That may be so, but on the flipside there were arguably some deserving bowlers ignored, for example Copeland's career was cut short

On the batting front, Cowan never played again, and Renshaw also suffered under Boof's hairy-chested "attack" policy

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Joe Mennie played tests under Boof didn’t he?
Yeah, that absolute horrorshow of a Test in Hobart, where we had the absurd situation of Bird being dropped for his batting. I'm a Redbacks fan through and through and even I didn't think it was the right selection

Worth noting Bird has been handy (and highly entertaining) with the willow ever since

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
You're really going to claim he's outperformed Haddin and Wade? 3 50's in that time vs both those guys who actually hit Test tons?
Haddin did a few mighty things with the bat for a bit, and Wade played a few decent innings but was pretty inconsistent.

To say Paine can "barely bat" is surely stretching it. Not gonna add it up but I'd be prepared to say he probably faced more balls in this series than anyone else in the Australian team. Cant fault the keeper at 7 for being consistent and valuing his wicket when the top 6 is a complete and utter shambles.

Spark

Global Moderator
There were in fact three Australian batsmen who faced more balls than Tim Paine: Harris, Khawaja and Head.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has there ever been a cricketer whose head has been on the block as often as Darsh, but who looks as though he gives less of a **** about it? No wonder the stoned meme has been doing the rounds for years.

howardj

International Coach
My guess is that tomorrow they will announce an expanded squad for both of the two Test against SL

Will include Stoinis, and possibly Tremain (with one of the pacers being rested)

Marsh will be dumped and another batsman added (most likely Burns or Patterson)

With Chappell's "twink fetish" (as someone hilariously described it earlier) I can't see old hands such as Maxwell and Wade getting back - especially with the experienced Smith and Warner back for the Ashes

SeamUp

International Coach
Nothing to be taken to seriously but interesting even though very basic.

It certainly depicts Shaun Marsh well :laugh:

From CricViz

Last edited: