• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ridiculous World Cup Prices 2019

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Is the prices of next years World Cup similar to that of the Australia World Cup? Im born and bred in England and every tour of India or Australia since I was a kid have had sky high prices compared to any other touring team. But surely these prices are a step too far?

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/cricket2019-static-files/schedule.pdf (or I have attached a snippet of the prices)
I love how the India games are getting higher average comparative prices than the England games :laugh:

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Read his post. It isn't comparable for all games, only 'big games', India is averaging higher overall easily.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There’s some decent value at a fair few of those games for you, *****. At least eight of your teams are playing games at good prices.

TheJediBrah

Supply and demand babeh

You want lower prices, increase supply. Build some 80k+ seat stadiums like advanced societies

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Meanwhile you can pay like $25 to go to a Lions game.

Lords prices are just pure aids.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Supply and demand babeh

You want lower prices, increase supply. Build some 80k+ seat stadiums like advanced societies
Horrible.

One of the main reasons I love cricket is the charming old-fashioned grounds, Chesterfield, Taunton, New Road, Cheltenham - places like that. That is where cricket should be played. Not in big soulless stadia.

S.Kennedy

They are basically hammering the Indians, England and to a lesser extent the Aussies and keeping it low for everybody else. There are really cheap tickets up for grabs if you avoid those three.

S.Kennedy

Pakistan in May would have looked wonderful, wouldn't it, in an 80,000 seater? One person per stand.

The problem with Australians is they do not appreciate the historicism and beauty of true cricket grounds, churches in the backdrop, foliage, lovely little Victorian pavilions. They have destroyed all of their grounds by turning them into soulless corporate places which are desecrated outside their season by that weird Aussie Rules rubbish.

Gnske

They are basically hammering the Indians, England and to a lesser extent the Aussies and keeping it low for everybody else. There are really cheap tickets up for grabs if you avoid those three.
Was going to say, the 18 pound tickets for some of those games seem like a great deal. Especially since Afghanistan will probably tear Australia up knowing how much we suck.

cnerd123

likes this
The problem with Australians is they do not appreciate the historicism and beauty of true cricket grounds, churches in the backdrop, foliage, lovely little Victorian pavilions. They have destroyed all of their grounds by turning them into soulless corporate places which are desecrated outside their season by that weird Aussie Rules rubbish.
Australians don't appreciate anything with culture tbh.

TheJediBrah

Horrible.

One of the main reasons I love cricket is the charming old-fashioned grounds, Chesterfield, Taunton, New Road, Cheltenham - places like that. That is where cricket should be played. Not in big soulless stadia.
Pakistan in May would have looked wonderful, wouldn't it, in an 80,000 seater? One person per stand.

Typical poms always something to complain about.

"Tickets are too expensive because of our small capacity grounds"
"High capacity grounds suck they have no character"

S.Kennedy

Typical poms always something to complain about.

"Tickets are too expensive because of our small capacity grounds"
"High capacity grounds suck they have no character"
Tickets are too expensive because they've set them that way. I'd be surprised if the Indian games sell out. The England ones probably will eventually.

Nobody likes cricket in England. We like football.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Oh the Indian games will sell out, don't you worry about that.

But yea if they don't, or the other games don't sell out, they'll have definitely done the WC a disservice by pricing out fans.

harsh.ag

Tickets are too expensive because they've set them that way. I'd be surprised if the Indian games sell out. The England ones probably will eventually.

Nobody likes cricket in England. We like football.
I'd be massively surprised if the Indian games don't sell out.