• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Wasteman Xi - Tribute to slippy

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chris Gayle - became a T20 mercenary at the expense of his test career
Reggie Duff - was one of the best Australian batsmen at the turn of the previous century. Great average for the era but sadly alcoholism ruined his career.
Mark Ramprakash - self explanatory
Jimmy Adams - had the rare gift of timing. A fluent strokemaker who could never make full use of his gifts.
Wasim Raja - see above.
Andrew Symonds - disciplinary issues came in the way. Could have been awesome in tests.
Darren Bravo - see Gayle
Jack Russell - criminally underused 'keeper
Muhamad Asif - could have been a Pakistani Pollock but he went to the dark side
Laxman Sivaramakrishnan - was picked at a young age. Very good initially. Had lots talent but was never that good again.
Bruce Reid - injuries

trundler

Needs more Shane Bond.
Bond and Garth Le Roux were two about whom I was unsure. They should be in if you think they fit the criteria.
Going through all 179 of slippy's started threads is a herculean task but I'm willing to undertake it.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Bond and Garth Le Roux were two about whom I was unsure. They should be in if you think they fit the criteria.
Going through all 179 of slippy's started threads is a herculean task but I'm willing to undertake it.
I get Garth Le Roux (and Rice more so!), but I miss Schultz more (prolly not more than Rice). Good luck with the 179 threads :)

trundler

Ah yeah. Schultz! How could I forget him! I'd have him over both Bond and Reid. Damn was he good.

garylyon

School Boy/Girl Captain
Can we have an XI of players Slippy has actually started threads on
Slippy's wasteman ODI XI:

Aaron Finch*
Salman Butt
Darren Bravo
Callum Ferguson
Yuvraj Singh
Sabbir Rahman
Umar Akmal +
Irfan Pathan
David Willey
Danish Kaneria
Umesh Yadav

It is actually a quite decent XI tbh

slippy888

International Captain
You guys forget David Miller he not even play a test match yet cause he never focused on the cricket more the party life for him came first.

garylyon

School Boy/Girl Captain
You guys forget David Miller he not even play a test match yet cause he never focused on the cricket more the party life for him came first.
Right. Idk how I missed him. David Miller will definitely be better at 6 instead of Sabbir Rahman.

trundler

Slippy's wasteman ODI XI:

Aaron Finch*
Salman Butt
Darren Bravo
Callum Ferguson
Yuvraj Singh
Sabbir Rahman
Umar Akmal +
Irfan Pathan
David Willey
Danish Kaneria
Umesh Yadav

It is actually a quite decent XI tbh
Well that saves me some time lol. Kudos!

trundler

Honorable mentions to Barry Richards, Rice, Procter, Le Roux, Fanie DeVilliers, Graeme and Peter Pollock.

TheJediBrah

Not sure how much Symonds was really held back by disciplinary issues. More so just couldn't get a spot in the strongest team in history.

Career probably ended a few years earlier than it needed to though, I'll give you that.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Not sure how much Symonds was really held back by disciplinary issues. More so just couldn't get a spot in the strongest team in history.

Career probably ended a few years earlier than it needed to though, I'll give you that.

Is this why he chose Aus over WI (or England? -surely you don't mean them but undefeated in Ashes since 2001 at home - so maybe) ;)

Wasn't Symonds even dropped from Aus when SA beat them at home when Aus were already crap: Langer, Warne, Martyn, McGrath reitred, and Gilchrist old/exposed and retired; ditto Hayden?

There's inaccuracies, and then there's inaccuracies. Symonds test career is not as impressive as his ODI career. No matter how you try to sell it.

Last edited: