• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England 2018

Who will win the ODI series?

• England

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Australia

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
When was the last time England went in as such clear favorites against Australia in a limited overs series? Usually Australia always beat them in bilateral ODIs even if they lose the Tests.
England have been favourites for ODIs in England for at least 5 years.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol. Not a single vote for Australia, even from countrymen. Most one sided poll ever.
Considering we got belted at home...

Although Woakes being gone for a bit helps us. But our bowling is not very strong looking.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we have to pick a C team then I prefer the likes of Tye and Stanlake to guys like Worrall, Mennie, Boland etc. that we've been getting. At least Tye and Stanlake have a little something special about them.

Daemon

Not sure if it's just practice match shenanigans or Stoinis will be moving up the order in place of Head.

Good move by Paine if so, Head should slowly but surely be pushed out of the side. Next step is to not give him a bowl.

Maxwell in serious need of some form

Last edited:

Burgey

Decent first up effort against the leviathan that is Sussex's LO side. Can't see anything other Australia winning this series easily.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Decent first up effort against the leviathan that is Sussex's LO side. Can't see anything other Australia winning this series easily.
Yips, may as well give them the World Cup already too.

Tour Match (D/N), Australia tour of England at Brighton, Jun 7 2018 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo

Stoinis is continuing his impressive ways, Finch still in touch for the men in yellow, but they're the strength of the batting line up,

Not much to write home about for Short, Maxwell, Head, Paine nor Agar and whoever this Neser guy is.

Oh well, onto the next game.

TheJediBrah

**** I hope this isn't the team Aus play in the actual ODIs. Paine at 6 and Agar at 7? Maxwell at 4? they are at least a batsman short

And 2 Richardsons is just confusing, rotate them at least so they're not playing together. Need a bit more variety in the attack.

Not sure if it's just practice match shenanigans or Stoinis will be moving up the order in place of Head.

Good move by Paine if so, Head should slowly but surely be pushed out of the side. Next step is to not give him a bowl.

Maxwell in serious need of some form
Stoinis is technically the incumbent no. 3, played there in the last ODI match against England

Yips, may as well give them the World Cup already too.

Tour Match (D/N), Australia tour of England at Brighton, Jun 7 2018 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo

Stoinis is continuing his impressive ways, Finch still in touch for the men in yellow, but they're the strength of the batting line up,

Not much to write home about for Short, Maxwell, Head, Paine nor Agar and whoever this Neser guy is.

Oh well, onto the next game.
Neser is actually a really good selection, I hope he plays. He should be in ahead of either Richardson and take the new ball.

Last edited:

Mr Miyagi

Banned
**** I hope this isn't the team Aus play in the actual ODIs. Paine at 6 and Agar at 7? Maxwell at 4? they are at least a batsman short

And 2 Richardsons is just confusing, rotate them at least so they're not playing together. Need a bit more variety in the attack.

Stoinis is technically the incumbent no. 3, played there in the last ODI match against England

Neser is actually a really good selection, I hope he plays. He should be in ahead of either Richardson and take the new ball.
He may well be a good selection, I didn't say nor intend to suggest to you that he wasn't. I genuinely know stuff all about him, which is my point. And given he has not played a single international game yet, its not actually that surprisng that I wouldn't :P

TheJediBrah

He may well be a good selection, I didn't say nor intend to suggest to you that he wasn't. I genuinely know stuff all about him, which is my point. And given he has not played a single international game yet, its not actually that surprisng that I wouldn't :P
Relax I wasn't disagreeing with you or suggesting that you should know anything. It was just a comment

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Tour Match, Australia tour of England at London, Jun 9 2018 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo

Justin Langer's men are still unbeaten. Travis head managed to ton up - albeit a tad slowly 106(141) with S Marsh making 49 with him in a 114 run partnership.

Finch continued his good form to with 54(52).

All Aussie's bowlers had a fine to excellent day in bowling Middlesex out for 182.

Stanlake punched holes in the top order in 29th and 13th overs, Kane Richardson skittled the tail after being economical.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is going to be like when Sri Lanka and Bangladesh played ODIs in South Africa last, I just know it.

TheJediBrah

It would be weird for non-Australians looking at these scorecards wondering who all these ****s are. When Travis Head is your top scorer, you know you're ****ed