• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2018/19

SeamUp

International Coach
Countries depth massively effected. Was wondering why he wasn't involved with the Titans after his season.

Not sure who his agent is but wouldn't be surprised if Webber van Wyk is.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully the new provincial system gets sorted with the players on board sooner rather than later, make sure these guys get teams. I will say once again I think this is beyond just quotas, skilled people of all sorts that can are leaving in droves all within the 22 to 45 age category, and while a percentage majority are 'white' it is across the board. But this is probably more for the politics thread.

SeamUp

International Coach
If there wasn't just 5 white people per side he would be in a team and playing and would be staying. Make no mistake about that.

Other players who had Protea appearances as they believe they have better security with a County contract not just for financial reasons but trusting the system. When there are only limited white spots available for the Proteas you are competing against other white players and it is hard to dislodge them. Now that we getting quality like KG's, Lungi's, Maharaj's to add to Gibbs, Ntini, Adams, Amla, Duminy we are getting more POC who deserve to be in the Proteas set-up on merit and nothing to do with skin colour but the system lacks a lot of trust and I can understand why.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
If there wasn't just 5 white people per side he would be in a team and playing and would be staying. Make no mistake about that.

Other players who had Protea appearances as they believe they have better security with a County contract not just for financial reasons but trusting the system. When there are only limited white spots available for the Proteas you are competing against other white players and it is hard to dislodge them. Now that we getting quality like KG's, Lungi's, Maharaj's to add to Gibbs, Ntini, Adams, Amla, Duminy we are getting more POC who deserve to be in the Proteas set-up on merit and nothing to do with skin colour but the system lacks a lot of trust and I can understand why.
I don't know him personally so I can't say; my only point is I have enough anecdotal experience that it is beyond 'just can you get a job because you are 'white' (not irregardless). Most of the people I know leaving had a job (quite good sometimes) but with that skill able to get away and did so. Unfortunately most people don`t get that option and have to stick it out. But as I said politics thread is probably better for this as a general discussion.

SeamUp

International Coach
Reeza batting here after the disappointment. Can't be easy. World Cups are the stuff you play cricket for in your career and there aren't many chances to do it.

SeamUp

International Coach
RIP Con de Lange

Boland, Cobras, Northants & Scotland.

The tributes pouring on twitter from the cricketing world quite touching.

Really liked him as a cricketer. There was a period I would have considered him for SA in limited overs cricket.