• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

David Warner retirement thread

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's gonna be back, I think. A bit of time off. Proper apologies to everyone. No more leadership positions.

Bolo

State Captain
Warner avoiding his teammates is not actually because he's having a tiff with them. He just needs the free time to nurture his budding political career.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It being all David Warner's fault is something I can unite behind tbf.
Most of CW tbh. Means I can be somewhat less embarrassed about my TPC bandwagoning a few years back.

Still even the new revelations doesn't really clear him even though it probably means his suspension will be shorter than first thought.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It really is probably the most controversial tour since Bodyline. Every test has had some ridiculous story. And Warner involved in some way in every single one of them.

Spark

Global Moderator
Most of CW tbh. Means I can be somewhat less embarrassed about my TPC bandwagoning a few years back.

Still even the new revelations doesn't really clear him even though it probably means his suspension will be shorter than first thought.
I mean, it makes it patently clear that he's just not capable of being a proper leader of men if he has no power over the behaviour of his VC. Which is fine, not everyone has to be, but yeah, it's not great for Smith either.