• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoaib's injury revealed

DJ

School Boy/Girl Captain
Apparently a Pakistan medical team has announced that Shoaib was unable to bowl in India's second innings during the final Test due to a rib injury.

It is at this point that I have to say, "Umm, what?" Where did this rib injury come from then? Before all this we were told that he had injured his wrist (left) and back. Now he has a rib injury too?

According to the medical team, the rib injury is as a result of "persistent stress." They must mean the stress he's had to endure as a result of how frustrated he must feel at only being able to play two Tests in a row before having a month off to recuperate.

To sign off, Akthar reiterated that he would never consider feigning an injury. For instance, he'd never pull out of a tour complaining of an ankle or knee injury and then be spotted out clubbing when he was supposedly on a plane back to Pakistan for treatment.

Waughney

International Debutant
He bowl's in the nets quite often and goes through rigorous training routines which would account easily for the "persistent stress". His rib injury could be at the back (where most stress is on ribs when bowling) which could account for the "back" injury. But I don't know about the wrist?? :confused1

Last edited:

Slow Love™

International Captain
Personally, I think this whole inquest has been ridiculous. Treating cricketers like twelve year olds doesn't generally inspire positive results.

Inzy's being a big baby about the whole thing. If Pakistan had narrowly won the final test, none of this would be happening. The series wasn't half the disaster they've convinced themselves it was, and the Pakistan administration and "leader group" is suicidally ripping out each other's throats as usual.

chicane

State Captain
Slow Love™ said:
Personally, I think this whole inquest has been ridiculous. Treating cricketers like twelve year olds doesn't generally inspire positive results.

Inzy's being a big baby about the whole thing. If Pakistan had narrowly won the final test, none of this would be happening. The series wasn't half the disaster they've convinced themselves it was, and the Pakistan administration and "leader group" is suicidally ripping out each other's throats as usual.
It always happens in India and Pakistan, even more when they play each other. It'll die down in a little while.:bored:

Sehwag309

Banned
Maybe I am wrong, but if a bowler who has pain in his ribcage due to stress and does not play but goes to a club and relaxes in the bar. Whats wrong with that?

Does it show a bad image, but practically he can't be on the field due to the injury, but it's not so bad hat he can't be in a club..just sitting with freinds and cheering up

I don't know abt the jet ski incident, but I dont find anything wrong in going to a club if your not playing

DJ

School Boy/Girl Captain
Fine, but then don't come out to bat afterwards. Personally, I can't imagine being able to hit a six on an international cricket ground if I had a serious rib injury. Anyway, where did it come from, and what happened to the back and wrist injury he was saying was the reason he didn't play earlier?

Shoaib has had a history of pulling out of a match due to 'injury' only to be found engaging in some activity that an injured cricketer shouldn't be participating in if he had that particular injury. If he was a South African, I'd want to know what was going on.

DJ

School Boy/Girl Captain
With regards to going clubbing, in that particular instance Shoaib withdrew from the game due to an alleged knee injury and was then spotted 'strutting his stuff' on a nightclub dancefloor. Hardly the correct treatment for a knee injury, don't you think? ;)

Slow Love™

International Captain
DJ Bumfluff said:
Fine, but then don't come out to bat afterwards. Personally, I can't imagine being able to hit a six on an international cricket ground if I had a serious rib injury.
That's what separates you and I from The Shoaib.