• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time Australian XI game

Gob

International Coach
For me the only reason Pointing isn't in the first XI is because the spot for which he is best suited is occupied by the greatest player the game has ever seen.
Yeah as much as i love Punter and rates him above Border he looks a bit odd at 5

Bradman
Davidson,Harris
Ponting, McCabe

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Isn't Davidson usually preferred to Lindwall on CW? Huh.

Bradman
Davidson & Turner
Ponting & Smith

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
1. Name the captain of Australia XI

Don Bradman

2. Name your 2 opening Australia A bowlers

Alan Davidson and Jason Gillespie

3. Pick 2 batsman to occupy the number 3 and 4 spots.

Ricky Ponting and Steve Smith

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Australia XI:
1 V Trumper
2 M Hayden
3 D Bradman C
4 G Chappell
5 A Border
6 K Miller
7 A Gilchrist +
8 R Lindwall
9 S Warne
10 D Lillee
11 G McGrath

Australia A XI
1 A Morris
2 B Simpson
3 R Ponting
4 N Harvey
7 I Healy
8 A Davidson
10 F Spofforth

Bradman vs Border ends up being a real nail bitter, The Don wins 8-7.

The two quicks easily win. Of course the batting positions of them can change depending on who else makes the team.

Ponting and Harvey win quite comfortably over Smith

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1 Select your Australia A spin bowler
2 Name your number 5 batsman

I am curious how much bowling is a factor when picking our number 5 and 6. Bob Simpson was a handy bowler.

Red

1. Select your Australia A spin bowler

Bill OReilly

2. Name your number 5 batsman

Steve Waugh

Deciding between SWaugh and Smith at 5 is difficult, but Tugga owned that spot for a looong time.

Red

And FWIW, SWaugh and Simpson are adequate as extra bowling options in addition to the four main bowlers.

Gnske

O'Reilly

S.Waugh

Bit torn on no.5, whether it's more fitting to have Smith in Aus A or down in Aus B and own the no.3 spot.

stephen

Isn't Davidson usually preferred to Lindwall on CW? Huh.

Bradman
Davidson & Turner
Ponting & Smith
Yeah I voted for him in the first XI. The first XI has 4 right arm quicks and Davidson fits better. But alas, the majority voted for the less good option. We should be used to that after 2016.

Anyway, my answers:

O'Reilly
Smith

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
O’Reilly
Waugh

I think Waugh is a better batsman than Harvey but he simply didn’t bat Top 4 enough.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
O'Reilly, Waugh. Yeah I'm sorry I don't see how you rate Harvey over Smith. If Smith gets 27 ducks in a row (amount of innings more Harvey has played) he'll still average more than Harvey.

Gnske

I'll admit it, I voted for Harvey because that man is a hot piece of delicious ass.

watson

Banned
And FWIW, SWaugh and Simpson are adequate as extra bowling options in addition to the four main bowlers.
Agree with this. The pre-2000 Waugh was a useful medium pacer and had some awesome battles with Curtly Ambrose. Steve Smith can wait till the next round.

Bill O’Reilly

Steve Waugh

Last edited: