• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Bangladesh 2017

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Australia did better than many visiting teams have done but TBF, what TJB said does sum up their performance overall. But then again, the first test was an absolute royal thumping and not many sides have done that to India at home, since the 80s at least. Nothing to be ashamed of and quite a lot to be proud of that from that series for the Aussies.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Australia did win pretty convincingly in SL in 2011 against a much stronger side then the one that smashed them in 2016.

Gob

International Coach
If they don't drop Pujara at Bangalore in the 2nd test, they win the series.
Third innings come back was awesome though. Starc getting two in two and Hazlewood following up with two of his own very next over.

****ing Shaun Marsh not reviving also hurt bad cos it did look missing to the naked eye and Marsh is a sort of a bloke who could have made a 40 odd there and win the game.

Over all far better than the dross England served up in the earlier series.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was talking about the Sri Lanka 2011 lineup being much stronger than the 2016 (in the batting mainly).
Yeah I think you're right on that.

I was referring to the recent Aus-India series as being compelling. In hindsight, probably should have quoted the post I was referring to.

TheJediBrah

I was talking about the Sri Lanka 2011 lineup being much stronger than the 2016 (in the batting mainly).
So Sri Lanka were stronger in 2011 and Australia were weaker than 2016, yet Sri Lanka won comfortably in 2016 and Australia won comfortably in 2011

funny game

TheJediBrah

Was Australia really weaker in 2011? On paper that was a pretty decent lineup.
It will always be looked back on with regret as the series Nathan Lyon took a 5-for on debut on an absolute dustbowl where any club 3rd XI spinner would take a bag, and hence was kept in the team for the next 6 years and counting.