• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England players and selection discussion thread

tooextracool

International Coach
Always felt like Compton had the game to make it in test cricket but for whatever reason he just failed at the wrong times. Given the chances he's had and at age 35 one suspects that his time has come and gone.

My team for the subcontinent:

Burns
Jennings
Hildreth
Root
Moeen
Buttler
Stokes
Bairstow
Curran
Leach
Anderson

Rashid
Pope
Woakes
Porter

Hildreth is arguably the best player on the county circuit and, given his experience, I cannot see why he wouldn't be able to bat at 3 particularly in SL conditions.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Everyone has there favourite Cook opener though: ''Compton was unlucky. Did better than most of the mainstay fellas. Should have been given another chance''. Replace Compton with Carberry or even Lyth.

FBU

International Debutant
Tomorrow the ODI squad is announced I think ..

1 Hales 2 Bairstow 3 Root 4 Stokes 5 Morgan 6 Buttler 7 Willey 8 Woakes 9 TCurran 10 Rashid 11 Wood
Roy M Parkinson A Davies Livingstone S Curran

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
Curious as to why people would consider Wood in either format? Averaging over 30 is one thing that you shouldn't try and do but this guy averages over 40 with the ball in both formats, he should be one of the last people on the list now imo. Surely Plunkett, Woakes, Curran should be well ahead of him. Let's not forget how good Willey has been this year too + left arm.

Last edited:
Curious as to why people would consider Wood in either format? Averaging over 30 is one thing that you shouldn't try and do but this guy averages over 40 with the ball in both formats, he should be one of the last people on the list now imo. Surely Plunkett, Woakes, Curran should be well ahead of him. Let's not forget how good Willey has been this year too + left arm.
I don't rate Wood in international cricket. He's had enough chances. Averages are woeful.

SeamUp

International Coach
Olly Stone called up for limited overs

Dawson in.

Curran brothers & Woakes in

Plunkett getting married

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
England ODI squad to play Sri Lanka. #SLvENG #Cricket

Eoin Morgan (c)
Jos Butler
Chris Woakes
Jason Roy
Moeen Ali
Jonny Bairstow
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Liam Dawson
Liam Plunket
Alex Hales
Adil Rashid
Joe Root
Ben Stokes
Mark Wood
Olly Stone

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wonder who they're gonna jam Dawson into the side for. I suppose this is for SL pitches.

Wood... why?