Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Does Cricket need a strong Australia?

Cricket Web Staff Member Black_Warrior's Avatar

Does Cricket need a strong Australia?

So now that Australia's first choice international cricketers are unemployed and out of a contract, the question needs to be asked - does the cricket world really need a strong Australia?
    zorax likes this.
    Cricket's moral worldview:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

No **** 'em. We only need the IPL. /s
    mr_mister, honestbharani and zorax like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    "Still waiting for bole trekking Marayyye". Keep Kumar up in the third umpires box please,its hilarious. Him almost screwing up a DRS referral a definite highlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

Cricket Web Staff Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    I remember when England were in Australia in 2010-11, and they got 517-1 to draw the first test before hammering Australia in the second. There were an absolutely ridiculous number of bleeding hearts from English posters trying to complain that Australia weren't good enough THE ONE TIME WE WERE ACTUALLY WINNING OVER THERE. It was absolute madness. Australia won the third test comfortably. A bunch of my countrymen were left wondering why they'd taken the time to help out a poor limping velociraptor, that had promptly taken a bite out of them and run off.

Never feel sorry for the Australians. Never, ever, do it. If the next Ashes series is contested by England and the Paramatta 3rd XI that will be no less than the ideal situation. Sooner or later they'll be back spouting some gibberish about 'the line' and their endless devotion to the spirit of cricket while some 95mph quick is threatening to murder us, and you'll regret not spending every second you could gloating at the bastards.
    What if all the switches get stuck on 'destroy'?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Outstanding
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Wow baby, that gave me an orgasmic pleasure!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaagarkarajaaja View Post
    All Prasie to Ajit Bhalchandra Agarkar, the pride of Mumbai, the terminator at Adelaide.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoL View Post
    I've joined this forum, just so that i can agree with OverratedSanity...

I love those days where Australia do little wrong and lose badly. Those are the best days in the cricket calendar.
    Black_Warrior likes this.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    I love how supporters of other countries talk with such fondness about those days. We do the same about the decades when those teams do nothing.

Howe is right. Don't pity your opponent. Ever. Grind them into the dust and scatter the residue with your boots. That's what Australia would do, and it's what Australia would expect in return. Then have a beer after the day's play.
    Kirkut and vcs like this.

Though there are some decent kids in the Parra 3rd XI. They'd probably take it to a fifth day.
    vcs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    I remember when England were in Australia in 2010-11, and they got 517-1 to draw the first test before hammering Australia in the second. There were an absolutely ridiculous number of bleeding hearts from English posters trying to complain that Australia weren't good enough THE ONE TIME WE WERE ACTUALLY WINNING OVER THERE. It was absolute madness. Australia won the third test comfortably. A bunch of my countrymen were left wondering why they'd taken the time to help out a poor limping velociraptor, that had promptly taken a bite out of them and run off.

Never feel sorry for the Australians. Never, ever, do it. If the next Ashes series is contested by England and the Paramatta 3rd XI that will be no less than the ideal situation. Sooner or later they'll be back spouting some gibberish about 'the line' and their endless devotion to the spirit of cricket while some 95mph quick is threatening to murder us, and you'll regret not spending every second you could gloating at the bastards.
    I don't really place a lot of value in awards systems around the world whether it's the Oscars or Manikchand Filmfare awards but this might be a rare occasion when the Awards got it somewhat right.

Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    I love those days where Australia do little wrong and lose badly. Those are the best days in the cricket calendar.
    Hattrick started with Vogues, greatest day in cricket.

International Captain mr_mister's Avatar
    Getting a robelinda comments section vibe here
    cricket rules brah

Cricket probably needs an invincible team which other teams try to emulate or better them. When Windies were the best in 80's the Australian side was an average one, I honestly don't see Merv Hughes making it to the test side as a fast bowler today.

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkut View Post
    , I honestly don't see Merv Hughes making it to the test side as a fast bowler today.
    He would absolutely make it today, into any test team in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Red Hill is the best philosopher the great on the forum.

Very under rated bowler.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

International Captain TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post

10/10

Australians are ****s

In other news, water is wet

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Very under rated bowler.
    Merv was Siddle 1.0

The guy was lion-hearted. In the truest sense of the word. Don't be fooled by the gut, the guy was fit for the job, and he was outstanding at being able to contain while still striking regularly.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information