• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hong Kong Sixes 2.0 - It's Back!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Speaking of Sami, I never got around to posting about it, the PCB asked him to rest from a few games towards the end of the Carribean Premier League a few weeks back. I found it pretty astonishing because.. why would they care? It seems they still think they might recall the guy. It'd be so good if that happened. :laugh:

Also in Sami news, he took 9 wickets last week in a FC game. WAG.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Oh this is that sixes thing. When is that Twenty20 coming back, the Blitz I think it is called. It is played on this little parkland in the middle of the city and they lose a ball every time there is a six as the ball flies into the city.

cnerd123

likes this
Oh this is that sixes thing. When is that Twenty20 coming back, the Blitz I think it is called. It is played on this little parkland in the middle of the city and they lose a ball every time there is a six as the ball flies into the city.
The sixes will be played in an even littler parkland even deeper inside the city and we're going to lose even more balls this weekend

Think we're using indoor cricket balls tho and not proper kookaburra 4 pieces.

FBU

International Debutant
MCC - Samit Patel (c), Rikki Clarke, Darren Stevens,Gareth Berg, John Simpson, Ryan Higgins, Jack Leaning.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Interesting line-up. Samit Patel who had a superb 2017 is captaining MCC - Darren Stevens also. I see John Hastings is captaining Oz.

cnerd123

likes this
All games can be streamed live and for free on the official CricketHK App, available for iOS and Android

cnerd123

likes this
HK losing a tight first game to SA

Some of the sixes on display were ridiculous. Just a normal 2 piece Dukes cricket ball too.

cnerd123

likes this
This has been a lot of fun so far. Some ridiculous sixes and close games. Just had a funny runout in the Pak Vs SA game as well.

FBU

International Debutant
MCC lost all their games so far against Hong Kong, Pakistan and South Africa.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Matt Short must've played some innings. 36 off 7 balls. 6 sixes.

SR of 514!

cnerd123

likes this
Nizakat adds scoring the first 50 in the return of the HK Sixes to his record of scoring the first 100 on the T20 Blitz. Legend

Would be so huge for HK if they could beat NZ here. Certainly have a defendable total but the Kiwi's batting is fierce