• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Akhter is overrated!

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
Lions81 said:
Keep thinking 50? I don't know what that means. You started it, so I have no idea how I proved your point. If you have the balls to say it, have the balls to take it back.
Let me refresh your memory."India 2-1 in tests,". Atleast have the grace to wait till you win. That is exactly what the other Indian fan's problem was..gloating before the event. I have the balls to say whatever I like and I have the balls to stand by what i say too so my lil internet warrior go back to your gloating. And I dont remeber starting anything, anyway you are becoming tiresome so I'll leave you to it.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Mecnun said:
Let me refresh your memory."India 2-1 in tests,". Atleast have the grace to wait till you win. That is exactly what the other Indian fan's problem was..gloating before the event. I have the balls to say whatever I like and I have the balls to stand by what i say too so my lil internet warrior go back to your gloating. And I dont remeber starting anything, anyway you are becoming tiresome so I'll leave you to it.
Yes, please do leave.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Sehwag309 said:
By the way, did anyone mention the injury to shoaib and asim. May be I missed it. Are they gonna bat?
Kamal probably will. But Akhtar has said he will not unless Pakistan is on the verge of saving the match.

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
wahindiawah said:
Some pundits claims that Akhter is a top bowler and even predicted Indian batters to have a tough time while facing Akhter. But in reality Akhter had a tough time facing the awesome Indian batsmen.Forget the regular batters, even tailenders in Pathan,Balaji and make shift opener are able to toy with that overrated pacer.

Face the fact, he's over-rated.All he has is pace, that can get him wkt of mediocre batters but quality batmen are usually able to see him off without much problem.

I can easily name 14-15 pacers that are much much better than Akhter.
Utter Rubbish... sounds like someone who cant even dare to face the fact that something and someone is good and as far as i remember i dont see any good or 'best' batsmen hitting him around while he is bowling to his standards.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:
Well at least the guys tried to back up his argument... lets have a look..

McGrath - Yep he is better
Jason - Better too, just
Lee - very slightly better
Pollock - better too
Ntini - not quite
Bond - not post injury
Oram - hahah no way
Pathan - nope.. hes just a case of someone being built up only to be shot down
Vaas - good but not as good as shoaib
Harmison - nope
Hoggard - nope
Z Khan - nope

so thats four.. and after that, straws get horribly clutched :) Shoiab is a fine bowler when only four beat him..
Brett Lee is better than Akhtar....you must be out of your mind.

Let Brett Lee perform well in test cricket, then people can talk about how good a bowler he is.....

Isolator

State 12th Man
Langeveldt said:
Bond - not post injury
How much of post-injury Bond have you seen? He probably won't be the same or as good, but making such a sweeping statement at this point of time - unless you actually have seen him bowl for a bit - is pretty stupid.

chicane

State Captain
Akhtar's trainer says he can get even faster. He says he loses about 16 kays because of his elbow, because it bends backwards and if he would have a normal arm he could hit 170-175 kmph!!
He says he has this documented. Seeing reports of his rigid arm and putting support att the back of his arm, they timed him and he clocked well beyond 160 kays! If he can get that fast he'll be unplayable. :eek:

Source - The Times Of India - 16th April

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Akhtar's trainer says he can get even faster. He says he loses about 16 kays because of his elbow, because it bends backwards and if he would have a normal arm he could hit 170-175 kmph!!
He says he has this documented. Seeing reports of his rigid arm and putting support att the back of his arm, they timed him and he clocked well beyond 160 kays! If he can get that fast he'll be unplayable
Why dont they use the rigid support in matches then??

It wouldnt be cheating would it ? I think it would be promoting total legality of his action for one (not saying its bad, but it would take away some argument)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Isolator said:
How much of post-injury Bond have you seen? He probably won't be the same or as good, but making such a sweeping statement at this point of time - unless you actually have seen him bowl for a bit - is pretty stupid.
Well put it this way, if he is anything like he was he will have done very very well

anzac

International Debutant
just thought I'd add my 5 cents worth..

Ahktar is not over rated as being one of the best current pace bowlers, but he does not have the craft of the likes of Pollock or McGrath..........when he's on his game & the conditions suit he is about as goos as it gets......

rather IMO he suffers from the same malaise the seems to effect most of his countrymen - chronic inconsistency, although it would appear that he has had some niggling injuries since b4 the NZ Tour........

:cool:

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Armadillo said:
Me thinks someone has had a serious memory lapse
Yes, Indian fans are the hardest on their players without question. Look at how we break down Sachin Tendulkar. By every other cricketing nation and fan he is considered the greatest. Some Indian fans want to see him dropped from the team entirely.

anzac

International Debutant
Lions81 said:
Yes, Indian fans are the hardest on their players without question. Look at how we break down Sachin Tendulkar. By every other cricketing nation and fan he is considered the greatest. Some Indian fans want to see him dropped from the team entirely.
yes but I think the implied reference was a wink at the 'terrace element' that used to proliferate posts regarding Indian players....

:D

tooextracool

International Coach
Lions81 said:
looks at ajaagarkaraaja and wonders what u are talking about