• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Draft

Swervy

International Captain
Lions81 said:
Ahh decisions, decisions. My philsophy is bowlers first, so now it's a toss-up:
Muralitharan or Akhtar; Akhtar or Muralitharan. Oh hell, I always enjoy the sight of the off stump flying out of the ground...

I take Shoaib Akhtar!

an interesting choice...considering India play of dead for pace wickets

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Swervy said:
an interesting choice...considering India play of dead for pace wickets
Well I think it's sort of like the chicken or the egg. Does India have no fast bowlers because of the wickets or are the wickets made so placid because they have no fast bowlers? My hope is that with Akhtar as a spearhead, pitch curators are gonna make sure there's some grass on the pitch at all times!

Swervy

International Captain
Lions81 said:
Well I think it's sort of like the chicken or the egg. Does India have no fast bowlers because of the wickets or are the wickets made so placid because they have no fast bowlers? My hope is that with Akhtar as a spearhead, pitch curators are gonna make sure there's some grass on the pitch at all times!
i think alot to do with India pitches is the type of soil that is used...i think more often than not,pitches wont be green in India, or be bouncy etc.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Swervy said:
i think alot to do with India pitches is the type of soil that is used...i think more often than not,pitches wont be green in India, or be bouncy etc.
Well as presumably I now control the BCCI too, I will order wickets to be made with grass, grass and more grass! I will fly in special soil if necessary! In the meanwhile, I'll play Test Matches in places like Mohali, which is a pretty fast pitch. I'm sure green, fast wickets can be made anywhere except really cold places.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Maybe something to do with the heat? I dunno. And you'd think that there would be more people alive in the UK at this time, given that there are a lot of UK based members. It is the English game after all. :)

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Loony BoB said:
Maybe something to do with the heat? I dunno. And you'd think that there would be more people alive in the UK at this time, given that there are a lot of UK based members. It is the English game after all. :)
Yeah it probably bakes the grass, but Akhtar bowled really well on his tour of India on dusty pitches, so I'm confident he'll be fine.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Awesome, three more captains!

Also, I assume we're picking a Test team right? It won't really matter for the first couple of rounds, but later on that might come into play.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Langeveldt said:
Can I take South Africa?
Okay so it looks like only Sri Lanka left.

The upcoming picks are
4. West Indies - Mr. Mxyzptlk
5. Pakistan - Mister Wright
6. England - Tom Halsey
7. New Zealand - Beleg
8. South Africa - Langeveldt
9. Sri Lanka - Whoever takes this pick
10. Sri Lanka - Picks again
11. South Africa
...so on

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Aye, one more and we're on our way... so long as everyone's around to pick their players over the days.