• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Misbah to retire after WI series

Bijed

International Regular
wtf? didn't he score a 100 against NZ recently?
91, but apart from that he had a poor series against them, and also did poorly against Australia.

That said, being dropped for Shan Masood is unfair.

smash84

The Tiger King
Oh well Younis. You've been a great pillar of support for Pakistan batting in the last 6 to 7 years.

Well played, and sad to see you go :(

Niall

International Coach
91, but apart from that he had a poor series against them, and also did poorly against Australia.

That said, being dropped for Shan Masood is unfair.
Its very odd as Sami was also dropped for batting to slowly, er Shan isn't exactly Warner:laugh:

I suppose with the recent betting stuff, getting in Shan who from all accounts is a model pro, educated and got friends in important places is expected even though he is really is average.

I'd assume Shezhad will open though as he should never have been dropped in the first place.

Younis and Misbah are monster losses for reasons we all know, replacements?

Salahuddin has ran riot in four day cricket and I suspect that everyone in Pakistan will pray Sohail will be able to come back as his four day record was immense.

Fawad Alam is possible, pointless in limited overs cricket, but there will be a space for a middle order anchor style batsman in tests. The guy deserves another go in the format he is most suited for.

However knowing Pakistan they will probably recall him for the limited overs team first:laugh:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Younis ☹

The last Great from the Wasim/Waqar era. My favourite Pakistani player and one of the best batsmen we have ever had. Will be missed.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Its very odd as Sami was also dropped for batting to slowly, er Shan isn't exactly Warner:laugh:

I suppose with the recent betting stuff, getting in Shan who from all accounts is a model pro, educated and got friends in important places is expected even though he is really is average.

I'd assume Shezhad will open though as he should never have been dropped in the first place.

Younis and Misbah are monster losses for reasons we all know, replacements?

Salahuddin has ran riot in four day cricket and I suspect that everyone in Pakistan will pray Sohail will be able to come back as his four day record was immense.

Fawad Alam is possible, pointless in limited overs cricket, but there will be a space for a middle order anchor style batsman in tests. The guy deserves another go in the format he is most suited for.

However knowing Pakistan they will probably recall him for the limited overs team first:laugh:
I hope they pick Usman. Remember that they unfairly got rid of him after a match or two.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
will misbah stay involved in cricket in pakistan?

characters like him in the chaotic world of pakistan cricket are like gold dust and the board should be going all out to keep him involved.