• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2017

Bijed

International Regular
I want as much as anyone to see Bangladesh do well, perennial supporter of the underdog that I am, but I might just give up hope if they continue to show this resolute determination to squander strong positions. Even in the match where they beat us, they had a horror collapse. I know it's incredibly rare that a team gets on top and stays firmly on top for every minute of the game and that periods of bad cricket from any given team aren't terribly infrequent, but it seems like Bangladesh nearly always include a shockingly bad passage of play in their performances.

Last edited:

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Is Chandimal the modern day Steve Waugh? :unsure:

v Ind
SL 5/3 then 95/5 Chandimal 168

v Aus
SL 25/5 Chandimal 132

v BD
SL 70/4 Chandimal 138

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Sandakan looks pretty threatening now. Hopefully the spinners can clean up the rest of the batting quickly and give SL a decent lead.

But BD batting shot selection has been a bit out there. Shakib seems to be on a one man mission to prove a point to someone and its backfiring mostly...

Also - did anyone else see that Rahim, Sandakan incident when Sandakan was batting? Sandakan belted one to the shortleg and walked up to see if he's ok and Rahim came up to him and pushed him away lolz..seemed fairly harmless but what's all that about? Is BD trying to be tough here or something?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Shakib's always done this but he's started to really adopt this carefree batting since the England series and it's got progressively worse since. Not even pretending anymore. He's still scoring runs though so idk.
And therein lies the problem. He just posted Bangladesh's and his own highest ever individual test score. I dont think he is necessarily going to introspect now.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
And dont forget the arrogant lone walk as soon as the day was over. Someone needs to have a long chat with him to put some sense.
I have seen a lot of these players over the years and I know one when I see one now. This is beyond redemption. You are stuck with a performing **** for at least another 7-8 years

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Btw how good is Sandakan? If he was from Big 3 there would have been a few threads already :ph34r:
Yes, he is decent. Finally, a spinner who justified the hype in our club cricket. Mostly because he actually has control compared to bowlers like Tharidu Kaushal who came with similar reputation but didn't really have control.

Hopefully it will be a smooth transition from Herath to Sandakan

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, he is decent. Finally, a spinner who justified the hype in our club cricket. Mostly because he actually has control compared to bowlers like Tharidu Kaushal who came with similar reputation but didn't really have control.

Hopefully it will be a smooth transition from Herath to Sandakan
Where's Vandersay? I really want that guy to get picked

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Where's Vandersay? I really want that guy to get picked
Caught in the selection merry-go round web of Sanath Jayasuriya..For some reason they seem to be pigeon-holing him as an LOI bowler as he gets breaks in that format but not Tests

However, with Dilruwan P, Herath and now Sandakan forming the spin trio at home it IS a little hard for him to get a game in the Tests..Hoping to see him get some game time soon

Having said all that - there is also this guy - Malinda Pushpakumara | Sri Lanka Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo - who has been around for ages and has picked up truck loads of wickets in FC in SL but has hardly got a mention in these debates..his records incredible and he's only 29.

Both Vandersay and Pushpakumara played in the recent Lions tour and Pushpakumara did well again so I wonder if he might get a call up soon too..

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think this thread proves that if there's one side that you should Gambhir for, it's Bangladesh.