• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SRT vs Dravid

Best test batsman for India

• Sachin tendulkar

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Rahul dravid

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • VVS laxman

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

Deja moo

International Captain
Who do you think is India's best batsman?

In tests, I believe dravid is better than SRT.

Craig

World Traveller
Away from Asia I rate Dravid higher then any Indian batsmen as he averages higher outside of Asia then he does in his own backyard. And to me IMO is more significant.

In his own backyard he is as good as any Indian batsmen.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I still go along with SRT, but they are so lucky to have The Flying Scotsman and Bob in the same team.

tooextracool

International Coach
i think dravid by a long shot...hes always there when the team needs him and does well consistently abroad.laxman has only now come into his zone while sachin is more of a flat pitch technically correct bully than anything else

Craig

World Traveller
luckyeddie said:
I still go along with SRT, but they are so lucky to have The Flying Scotsman and Bob in the same team.
Will you tell me the reason why Laxman is nicknamed 'bob'?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The best bit about this post is its so hard for me to choose. That equals a positive for Indian cricket :)

I still go with Sachin, but Dravid is right behind him.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
Will you tell me the reason why Laxman is nicknamed 'bob'?
Devil Ducky's Christmas Carol - Bob VVS-Catchit

(usually followed by the word 'oops', like Chris Gayle)

shankar

International Debutant
Sachin. There is a doubt now,only because of SRT's recent form. If he gets back to his best there would be no contest.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I rate Rahul Dravid slightly more than Tendulkar because of his ability to hit really big scores, and he is better under pressure....

Mind you im not doubting Tendulkar's specialness either......

a massive zebra

International Captain
Dravid.

He's far more reliable and is always there when India needs someone. Sachin is more of a matchwinner but the bowler always has a chance of getting him out. Australia would have beaten India without Dravid this winter, Tendulkar's one good innings did not significantly influence the outcome of the series. Dravid has been outstanding home and abroad, Tendulkar has been far more imposing in India.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Odd that there isnt much in it with the voting, yet SRT is far far more highly regarded around the world...
Well, it's indisputable that Rahul Dravid has been in quite wonderful form of late - possibly it is this which may have swelled the votes from Indians and Australians who saw his great form up close this year. Those of us looking on from a distance may well be swayed by the memory of series past.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Tests: Tendulkar has not been at his best form, but he is still India's best Test batsman. Though Dravid has performed extremely well lately.

ODI's: No contest here. Tendulkar by a country mile.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Sachin all the way. Based on recent form of Dravid and Sachin, one may choose Dravid, but I have seen enough of Sachin to not rate any Indian batsman ever, above him.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Tendulkar is the greatest Indian batsmen ever and one of the greatest batsmen ever in world cricket. We have had several greats in the batting dept. For example, Gavaskar would be a clear second in the batting polls for India as things stand now. Rahul Dravid and possibly Laxman, I am sure would join other Indian batting greats like Vishwanath, Vengsarkar, Mankad......etc by the end of his career, but as far as disturbing the all-time 1 and 2 batting spots for India, I don't see anyone on the horizon with a chance of doing that.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
One thing that Dravid has achieved is that he is one of only three Indian batsman I know of, who has a higher average away from home then at home, although Sachin averages well above 50 away from home as well. The other two that I know of in that category are Mohinder Amarnath and Sunny Gavaskar.