Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: **Official** County Cricket 2017

International Debutant S.Kennedy's Avatar
    It doesn't sound like it is going well for Wood.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijed View Post
    I've got a feeling he's played in a Lions game or two since remodelling his action, but I may be mistaken and in any case he may have worked on it further since. Apparently he was left out of this one "to provide him more time to groove it in the nets before testing it under the pressure of a match situation" after taking 0-68 of 14 in a warm-up match, which is not an especially promising sign but not exactly enough to form a conclusion from. Really, really hope he comes through.
    I watched him play against Afghanistan and he didn't look comfortable. I suspect it is going to take him quite a lot of time to get back to where he was.
    Bijed likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JRC67 View Post
    I watched him play against Afghanistan and he didn't look comfortable. I suspect it is going to take him quite a lot of time to get back to where he was.
    Ahh, that's a shame. I was getting really quite excited by his success during the last season.
    Want every conversation to be about cricket? Download your copy of The Cricketer's Lexicon now! It's a constantly evolving project, so contribute here!

International Vice-Captain SeamUp's Avatar
    Leicestershire playing Titans at Super Sport Park as part of their new partnership. Anyone have any idea where to find a scorecard? Just seen Titans scored 317/8 on twitter.
    LILLEE c WILLEY b DILLEY

TRJ absolutely gunning it for the lions.

get him in the test squad dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    It's getting a bit silly to have the 2016 thread still here when we're talking about new stuff

Anyway MCC include Haseeb Hameed & Ben Duckett for county season opener against Middlesex - BBC Sport

MCC XI:

Haseeb Hameed (Lancashire)

Tom Alsop (Hampshire)

Sam Northeast (capt, Kent)

Ben Duckett (Northants)

Joe Clarke (Worcestershire)

Ben Cox (Worcestershire)

Lewis Gregory (Somerset)

Matt Coles (Kent)

Matt Fisher (Yorkshire)

Mason Crane (Hampshire)

Jack Leach (Somerset)
    Good to see a selection of Worcs players in there, though i'm amazed Joe Leach isn't in the team. Harsh for him to take 60+ wickets and amass about 600 runs and not get a look in. Performs in both forms of the game too. Have the North vs South squads been announced? It would be horrendous for him not to be included in that.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpatientLime View Post
    TRJ absolutely gunning it for the lions.

get him in the test squad dammit.
    Ahead of who though?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Regular theegyptian's Avatar
    Good day for Sussex and Durham. They'll get their cut of this Mills and Stokes money. Durham I think will only get the value of Stokes' central contract that he misses so maybe 100k or less. Mills isn't on a central contract so it's not so clear but in the past it's been 10% of the IPL paypacket, so possibly 145k to Sussex. Not bad for sussex given Mills wouldn't be playing in that time anyway. Mills will want to drop that Sussex contract at some point and become a freelance guy maybe if (a big if) he's going to get similar contracts at the IPL

Woakes getting a contract is excellent news for England's white ball teams imo. Kind of mediocre to this point as a bowler and especially average at the end of the innings. A month or two concentrating on white ball cricket should be great for him.

It is all about money, cricket these days.

Cricket Web Staff Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    It is all about money, cricket these days.
    I too miss the days when cricket was done entirely for sunshine and rainbows
    Stace likes this.
    I get a nod, the tiny smile that doesn't come with teeth
    Maybe you don't know who I am

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    I too miss the days when cricket was done entirely for sunshine and rainbows
    You can laugh at me if you want but you have the warning of (top flight) football and boxing to see how a sport can be completely ruined by this amount of money swilling around. Heck, as we speak, there is a rather embarrassing civil war being fought-out between the various 'Boards', all ridiculous crooked old men, for global cricket's cash!!

Hales has had a lol bad winter.

Chooses not to go to Bangladesh in the process losing his test spot (which may or may have happened anyway), gets injured in India ODIs after failing a couple of times and misses t20s, not picked up at IPL auction. Sounds like he might be fit for the Windies ODIs although he isn't in the original squad. Will probably go and sit on the bench. Then has to go back and play div 2 with Notts.

I think Jmay may be right now that Warwickshire struggle. Woakes getting picked up for the IPL is bad news. Some talk somewhere of Jeetan Patel potentially playing the champions trophy for NZ. Big fan of Olly Stone but coming back from a long term injury so I wouldn't expect masses this first seaosn. Lack of investment otherwise. Only good news is I'd expect Bell and Trott to score more runs. It normally takes a year or two to get over the end of your england career. Hain should be looking for improvement too.

I'm coming round to the fact that Lancs might be ok. Anderson and Hameed will play more than half the games. Villas and Chanderpaul aren't top signings but they won't be awful. Good young players. Also I thought Tom Bailey was kinda average but whilst rewatching some highlights from last season he looked a lot better than I remembered (or maybe he improved). Rob Jones scoring a lot of runs in grade cricket in Perth, and Livingstone doing well for the lions.
    91Jmay likes this.

Rob Jones with one of the great celebrations last year. Normally not a great fan of big celebrations but the fact that his first first class hundred meant so much was kinda brilliant to see.

Brits doing well in grade cricket in WA. Lawrence, Abell and Rob Jones all doing well 1st,3rd and 5th top runscorers respectively. Callum Taylor and Ed Barnard doing well with bat/ball.

Grade cricket.png

Crane top of the sydney wickets and bowling lots of overs. Recent cricinfo article on crane - Will Macpherson on why young Hampshire legspinner Mason Crane is turning heads | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Obviously this is no great standard. Still nice to see some of our guys doing well. Plenty of guys have gone to Aus and struggled.
    Last edited by theegyptian; 20-02-2017 at 12:30 PM.
    vcs likes this.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Apparently we are announcing a T20 signing tomorrow which presumably means Faulkner is unavailable.

U19 Vice-Captain
    I watched crane play out there in december against penrith. The standard is still very good.
    Chanderpaul is just about my favorite player since iv been watching so im fascinated to see how he gets on over here at his age. His been doing pretty well in WI domestic lgs recently.

Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information