• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harbajan Singh

Harbajan Singh does he rank among the great cricketers

• Yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters

slippy888

International Captain
Would you say that this guy is a cricketing great, 650 international wickets is no easy task he accomplished.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Harbhajan will likely be a name frequently brought up when talking about the great cricketers as a kind of benchmark for the absolute most wickets you can get when you aren't great.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Harbhajan will likely be a name frequently brought up when talking about the great cricketers as a kind of benchmark for the absolute most wickets you can get when you aren't great.
Ishant Sharma: "Challenge accepted."

Kirkut

International Regular
He may not be a great but played the game with zest, he was a match winner. Post 2011 World Cup his confidence declined which ended up affecting his bowling as well.

Victor Ian

International Coach
When did this international runs/wickets become a thing? To me, i you have to say 'international something' then that there is an admission that the player is not great. In this particular case, he has international wickets, PLUS he is a weed.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not an ATG but a bowler of some great spells. So for me, he is great. Maybe I have a looser definition of that word than others, but hey, its my opinion.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He'd be remembered as a a great bowler if he retired 5-6 years before now. Something Saqlain benefits from on CW.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
When did this international runs/wickets become a thing? To me, i you have to say 'international something' then that there is an admission that the player is not great. In this particular case, he has international wickets, PLUS he is a weed.
Extremely popular measure of yardstick on social media..and like most things on social media, totally meaningless.

cnerd123

likes this
He'd be remembered as a a great bowler if he retired 5-6 years before now. Something Saqlain benefits from on CW.
Yea tbf if all he had was his first few series where he ripped everyone apart, and then he just completely disappeared, we'd all be singing praises of him, talking about 'what ifs', and putting him in India's ATG XI next to Bedi.

But he kept playing on and was mediocre for a large chunk of his career.

At his best Bhajji was certainly up there with the greatest of all time IMO. Wonderful bowler.

OverratedSanity

Up until 2006-07 bhajji was still very good. Even in 09-10 he produced some excellent performances and almost bowled us to a series win in SA. Definitely not a great though, imo.

And the reason why he isn't is because he never really took over as the leader of our attack from kumble in the way we expected. We went from kumble to zaheer to Ashwin. Harbhajan was never really the the top guy.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Love how Bhajji's hattrick came off a filthy legstump fulltoss that Warne may have hit into the ground to short leg. So perfect.

More vintage Bhajji:

Slip, silly point and a short leg to Freddie Flintoff in an ODI. That's how good he was.

vcs

Yea tbf if all he had was his first few series where he ripped everyone apart, and then he just completely disappeared, we'd all be singing praises of him, talking about 'what ifs', and putting him in India's ATG XI next to Bedi.

But he kept playing on and was mediocre for a large chunk of his career.

At his best Bhajji was certainly up there with the greatest of all time IMO. Wonderful bowler.

Still get goosebumps every time I see videos of that match. Was screaming my lungs off and hugging random strangers in a crowded college hostel TV room after every wicket went down. Sweet memories. :D

Shri

Mr. Glass
The late 90s were great. I used to get sick a lot and caught too epic days of test cricket as a sick kid. The final day of the Chennai test against Pakistan and Kumble's 10fer against Pakistan.

Burgey

Still get goosebumps every time I see videos of that match. Was screaming my lungs off and hugging random strangers in a crowded college hostel TV room after every wicket went down. Sweet memories. :D
How terrible was the Gilly lbw in the hat trick?

He used to get great bounce when he bowled. Used to glove up so many blokes on the forward defence.