• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa team selection

SeamUp

International Coach
South African batsmens' boundary hitting abilities for the 2018 MSL and 2019 CSA T20 Challenge during the middle overs phase (7-15).

*Minimum 50 deliveries faced

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
I know I keep mentioning it but **** what a day for some of our Kolpak players.

Abbott with 17/86 in the match for the top 10 greatest FC figures in a match ever.

Simon Harmer with a 50 and bowling Essex to victory with a 7-for.

Legit players who could improve us.

Now for some batsmen. :D

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
I don't where to comment on the A series so I will do it here. Probably better than the tour thread.

But that is progress. Markram and Mulder batted a whole session and Markram has not only got a 100 but turning it into a daddy hundred.

Also appreciate the old adage the longer you bat the easier it gets and at Mulder's age he is showing huge amounts of maturity. He is a sponge and he knows he will learn more being out in the middle. His technique is proper and he is a proper batsman. How he was used in limited overs cricket isn't exactly him.

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Mulder should be with the Test team. If we gonna play Philander in subcontinent as a holding bowler, Mulder would be a better team option.

I am so happy Markram scored some runs. And his ability to get big hundreds is wonderful.

SeamUp

International Coach
Mulder should be with the Test team. If we gonna play Philander in subcontinent as a holding bowler, Mulder would be a better team option.

I am so happy Markram scored some runs. And his ability to get big hundreds is wonderful.
Tonning up now as well.

Don't forget the 22 economical overs with 3 wickets.

Inject that into my veins. #ProperAllRounder

Dendarii

International Debutant
Mulder's omission from the test squad is some poor thinking on the part of the selectors. Even if you could make the argument that conditions in India wouldn't have suited him, there was never going to be any reason not to pick him against England, which would mean that one of the batsman who plays against India would have to make way him, and that would be either Hamza or De Bruyn (assuming they do the expected) as none of the others are going anywhere any time soon. So one of them is going to get one series and get dropped through no fault of their own, which isn't good player management.

SeamUp

International Coach
Mulder's omission from the test squad is some poor thinking on the part of the selectors. Even if you could make the argument that conditions in India wouldn't have suited him, there was never going to be any reason not to pick him against England, which would mean that one of the batsman who plays against India would have to make way him, and that would be either Hamza or De Bruyn (assuming they do the expected) as none of the others are going anywhere any time soon. So one of them is going to get one series and get dropped through no fault of their own, which isn't good player management.
Agreed. Really want De Bruyn and Hamza to get a run of games now together and see if they can build and be a part of our test team.

After the England series we only play 2 tests in the Windies and then only 7 more 2020/21 - just not a lot of test cricket at all unfortunately too.

SeamUp

International Coach
Everything I wanted to see really. Markram and Mulder tonning up in India. If only Hamza was playing. Ngidi has not done to badly over the 2 matches either.
I thrive off 100-making ability. So excited at the moment.

Still can't believe it with Zubayr. When you think a player has a real chance you want to see them get as many opportunities like this to prove his worth and we not getting a chance to see it here.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I have to admit looking at the test squad, so much potential to be a great great team. Just so much untested uncertainty.

He deserves his shot, but I cooled on de Bruyn at test level cricket.

SeamUp

International Coach
I have to admit looking at the test squad, so much potential to be a great great team. Just so much untested uncertainty.

He deserves his shot, but I cooled on de Bruyn at test level cricket.
I still think we need to build with him.

Faf is leaving soon and Temba keeps hanging on by a thread with 1 test 100 in 43 tests or something and averaging 20 this year.

Obviously Zubayr is untested as well.

I think Theunis deserves a run in the test team and we will get to know where he is. Likewise Zubayr.

In this time hopefully Breetzke, Qeshile and van Tonder starting tonning up at franchise level and are our safety net and test teams future for the next 10+ years.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I still think we need to build with him.

Faf is leaving soon and Temba keeps hanging on by a thread with 1 test 100 in 43 tests or something and averaging 20 this year.

Obviously Zubayr is untested as well.

I think Theunis deserves a run in the test team and we will get to know where he is. Likewise Zubayr.

In this time hopefully Breetzke, Qeshile and van Tonder starting tonning up at franchise level and are our safety net and test teams future for the next 10+ years.
I fully think we need to keep going with de Bruyn, I`ve just cooled on him. You know I`m a Hamza fan boy...

I just want us to pick the best players to build with now, I don't want us holding on to players (including Elgar and Bavuma) when we have skilled, if young, to build a quality team with. I like what they are doing with Jansen, if they feel he is good enough. But by that token Mulder needs to be selected because he has shown enough.

As an aside, the wagon-wheel on the BCCI website really nice.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
I fully think we need to keep going with de Bruyn, I`ve just cooled on him. You know I`m a Hamza fan boy...

I just want us to pick the best players to build with now, I don't want us holding on to players (including Elgar and Bavuma) when we have skilled, if young, to build a quality team with.

As an aside, the wagon-wheel on the BCCI website really nice.
Liked that feature too. Pity no video footage though :D

Oh yes ! You've defo been on the Zubayr-train early doors.

Elgar is another interesting debate. Especially with the concern around future openers and the quality of them. Ideally he needs to hang around for 2-3 years but there has got to be major doubts.

Last edited: