• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India-Pakistan all vs ROTW

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
OZOZ said:
Murali and Akhter are top two bowlers of the world, facing one is a nightmare, just imagine how it would be to face both !!

Backed by Vaas and Sami/Shabbir, the lineup seems very potent to me.
I was assuming this is a limited overs game, which would mean that they would bowl 20 overs between them against the best in the world. I would think that if teams could have scored runs against Wasim and Waqar in the past, a World XI should be able to do so against Shoaib and Murali.

I don't rate Vaas or Sami to be potent unless conditions suit them. I've never seen Shabbir though.

OZOZ

Cricket Spectator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I was assuming this is a limited overs game, which would mean that they would bowl 20 overs between them against the best in the world. I would think that if teams could have scored runs against Wasim and Waqar in the past, a World XI should be able to do so against Shoaib and Murali.

I don't rate Vaas or Sami to be potent unless conditions suit them. I've never seen Shabbir though.
I thought we were talking about test team.

Anyway W's were very different bowlers from Akhter and Murali.

Vaas,Sami and Shabbir are back up bowlers, not great by any means but thats the best available ones.

Mr Mxyzptlk

OZOZ said:
I thought we were talking about test team.

Anyway W's were very different bowlers from Akhter and Murali.

Vaas,Sami and Shabbir are back up bowlers, not great by any means but thats the best available ones.
A more potent combo at their best IMO. Both were better than Shoaib.

OZOZ

Cricket Spectator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
A more potent combo at their best IMO. Both were better than Shoaib.
Yes, thats why i said earlier that Murali should be in the team.I think Shoaidb Murali combo would be better than that of W's.

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
Who would be in the ROW team?

I Suggest:

Hayden
Kirsten
Ponting
Lara
Thorpe
Fleming
Gilchrist
Warne
Cairns
Streak
Harmison

12th Man: Gillespie

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
OZOZ said:
Murali and Akhter are top two bowlers of the world,\
No, they're 2 of the best, but the rest of the world could conceivably have an attack including Pollock, McGrath, Warne, ...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Ferd said:
Who would be in the ROW team?
For me:

Hayden
Vaughan
Ponting
Lara
Fleming (c), if not captaining then Thorpe
Chanderpaul
Gilchrist
Pollock
Streak
Warne
McGrath

Then again, I've probably missed a few!

Mr Mxyzptlk

OZOZ said:
Yes, thats why i said earlier that Murali should be in the team.I think Shoaidb Murali combo would be better than that of W's.
That's a very bold statement.

Considering that Shoaib doesn't compare to Waqar and Wasim at this stage, that would have to place Murali as a better bowler than either of the Ws. I really don't want to get into an argument about it, but I think that I'd have Wasim and Waqar any day of the week.

Beleg

International Regular
Marc posted,

My problem with him at 6 is I don't think he has the patience to build an innings (which is definitely a requirement on occasion from 6)
Concerning Razzaq's ability, or inability to bat patiently, did you by any chance see his innings in WC 99 against Australia and West Indies?
If so then then, at the least, lack of patience is a moot point.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Beleg said:
Concerning Razzaq's ability, or inability to bat patiently, did you by any chance see his innings in WC 99 against Australia and West Indies?
If so then then, at the least, lack of patience is a moot point.
But a batsmans style changes over 5 years, and the way he is currently batting, I wouldn't want him at 6 unless the 4th wicket falls with 5 or 6 overs left.

Asia vs the ROTW isnt going to happen its only going to be the no 1 ranked nation playing the ROTW. In my opinion i dont care who you have playing for the Asia side or whatever the current Austrlian team would make them **** at any venue. Test match would be a challenge but one day the ROTW has no chance

Beleg

International Regular
Marc posted,

But a batsmans style changes over 5 years, and the way he is currently batting, I wouldn't want him at 6 unless the 4th wicket falls with 5 or 6 overs left.
A batsman's batting style doesn't change so much over the course of less then half a decade that he forget's how to defend or use his head. Razzaq bats the way he does because it is required of him by the team; but he has proved allready, both in the ODI's and tests that he can pace his innings perfectly well and tee-off when it is required.
IMO, It is an insult to his batting talent to reduce his role solely to a consummate hitter; he is a much better batsman then a mere hitter.
And since the prolific decline of his bowling in recent times and the wavering trust and increasing reluctance of his captain, he has become a batting all rounder. A batsman which can bowl a bit. [I certainly don't think that his recent bowling is quite upto allrounder mark]. If so then Six is the perfect slot for him to exercise his batting abilities, his head and his powress.

Juno posted,

In my opinion i dont care who you have playing for the Asia side or whatever the current Austrlian team would make them **** at any venue.
I doubt that anyAustralian team, much less the current one will find a team consisting of Brain Lara, Tendulkar, Murli, Pollock, Shoaib, Ntini, Boucher and co easy meal. Specially in ODI's.

Last edited: