• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2016/17

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
no way should southee reclaim his spot so easily. henry took more wickets at a better average in that indian series than southee has since his 7fer

the fact you're all off to cricinfo to double check the above made up stat just shows how bad southee has been for so long
I really hope Southee isn't there ... he doesn't deserve it, but I guess the worry is the third test against India when Henry didn't do much at all.

We need a firing Southee against South Africa later in the season, and a bit of time out of the test side might just lead to that.

listento_me

U19 Captain
That gif is about as stupid as your username :)

Hey idiots, stop posting stats and watch the games.

Now here are some numbers to prove my argument.
I've never said stats en masse are wrong. Stats without context are.

Can you tell me how consistent Ali has been? Or do you find 13 out of 16 innings of less than 50 consistent in test cricket?

Your standards are far lower than mine. Hopefully your better when it comes to picking women. :laugh:

listento_me

U19 Captain
Yeah if you take away the big scores from Donald Bradman, his stats will look like Harbhajan Singh's, lol.
I dunno if you've always been this stupid or did coming on cricketweb make you that way?

If you take away Bradman's big scores, you'd be taking away a large chunk of his career. Do you know why? Because he consistently scored well.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
That gif is about as stupid as your username :)

I've never said stats en masse are wrong. Stats without context are.

Can you tell me how consistent Ali has been? Or do you find 13 out of 16 innings of less than 50 consistent in test cricket?

Your standards are far lower than mine. Hopefully your better when it comes to picking women. :laugh:
Oh he's done you again RTB!

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
And the 15 innings before that, he passed 50 eight times, made a double, three centuries and four half centuries. Hey, I can manipulate stats too! Apparently batsmen can't have bad series' or even 12-month periods. But even if they score 300s and another big ton away from home, it's largely irrelevant. Geezus, if that were the case, Kane would find it hard to build bonds with his team-mates in my neck of the woods.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
But nah I say drop the dude. Pick some other guy. Don't be bringing guys with 11 Test tons, a triple three weeks ago etc to our country.

listento_me

U19 Captain
And the 15 innings before that, he passed 50 eight times, made a double, three centuries and four half centuries. Hey, I can manipulate stats too! Apparently batsmen can't have bad series' or even 12-month periods. But even if they score 300s and another big ton away from home, it's largely irrelevant. Geezus, if that were the case, Kane would find it hard to build bonds with his team-mates in my neck of the woods.
I mentioned a 12 month period because that's what NZTailender did to talk about his current form. His current form is what we're looking at. Going back to what I said, I'm not saying he should be dropped indefinitely but there's no harm in trying Sharjeel if Pak can win the first test, as Sharjeels type of batting is probably more suited to pace bowling. Something we've seen in ODIs and T20s.

Plus, you're not even good at copying and pasting stats :laugh:

If you're looking at the 15 innings BEFORE the period I posted about, so that includes 3 test series against NZ, Bang and SL, he hit 50 or more in 6 of those innings, not 8 (you'd have to add in the 2 innings against Australia to reach that number ,which would mean 17 innings, not 15, math much?). He also hit 30 or less 7 times. 7 is more than 6 last time I checked. You might wana ask your nursery teacher that.

now, none of that means Ali is a bad batsman and he has been good at the top 3 for Pakistan but all I'm saying is, if Ali doesn't do well against NZ in NZ, give someone else a try. If he does, great. Plus, Ali looks to be settling in for a good score just now against the Windies and I hope he does. he's had a tough time in the Pakistani media for his ODI form and deserves all teh success for his maturity and professionalism.

But just be warned, try not to post random stats or be a smart arse when I'm around or you'll get similarly chastened.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Azhar isn't getting dropped even if he scores a pair in both tests.
I know that's true.

I'm just saying if Pak do well in that first test and Ali hasn't performed, then try Sharjeel. I reckon he'd be good on pacier wickets.

Unlike most of the so called "fans" on here who I think have trouble with language comprehension, I'm not saying drop him completely lol