• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should runs scored/wickets taken against Bangladesh now finally mean something

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was that the series when I had the misfortune to take you to the SCG for the last day when Chokedulkar got out in the 70s going for his 100th ton? I remember those sweet, sweet tears of yours when he got out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep that's it. You were surprisingly nice to me after that happened. You celebrated for half a second then pulled back #secretlyagoodbloke

Burgey

Well, it was his last knock at the SCG so he deserved a decent send off.

And if I'd been on the fielding team that's exactly what I'd have given the little ****, but as I was in the crowd I gave him a standing O (as I think everyone did).

Burgey

I took Burgeinho to the scg the day Clarke and Ponting went beserk. Good times.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Bang have over 90 tests and less than 10 test wins...so....

On a more serious note, if you're playing an international match, test or otherwise, those wickets and runs should count anyway. Obviously they won't count AS MUCH when compared to a higher ranked opponent.

Victor Ian

International Coach
You don't have to be winning matches to make yourselves 'record' worthy. You just have to play at a level that requires your opponents to bring their best game.

Burgey

Nah. Still not convinced tbh. But tbf I didn't watch this test match at all, because it was SL v Bangladesh and, well, you know. Good on them for having a win though. Did it well by the looks of things, certainly a lot better than anything Australia did in SL last year.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia lost 2-3 to England
Bangladesh drew 1-1 against England

Australia lost 0-3 to Sri Lanka
Bangladesh drew 1-1 against Sri Lanka

Burgey you better hope Australia don't tour Bangladesh this year.

morgieb

How did England fare when they last toured Australia? :p

Burgey

I hope they do. I say that because a number of them deserve having to endure going there, after the way they've played recently.