• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest Tour Match of All Time?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If I may stop bashing the kiwis for a second, literally who can forget Sri Lanka being bowled out by Australia A for 65 and then an additional 25 over game being played. it's one of the greatest things to ever happen in cricket

Tour Match: Australia A v Sri Lankans at Adelaide, Jan 7, 2003 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
Sri Lanka thrashed before the lights came on | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

they lost the second match too: http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/102/102712.html

they clearly thought Jimmy Maher had a good hit, because he got dropped for the second game.

two days later Sanath Jayasuriya basically defeated Australia
6th Match: Australia v Sri Lanka at Sydney, Jan 9, 2003 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Last edited:

Daemon

australia had 3 interesting ones during the 2005 ashes

1) losing to Somerset: The Home of CricketArchive
this was at the very start of the tour. A couple of days later, they lost to Banga.

2) before the first test: The Home of CricketArchive
Chris Rogers scored a double ton in the 2nd innings.

3) before the last test: The Home of CricketArchive
Essex scored 500 runs in a day. Cook scored 200 runs in a day
As if there already wasn't enough to call it the greatest series of all time

Spikey

Wtf is Krezja doing batting top 6?
he was considered an all-rounder of sorts early in his career, batted 7 for most the 04-05 shield season. he was there in one of the nsw vs NZ tour matches i posted above.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wtf is Krezja doing batting top 6?
That was the role he was sort of expected to end up in back around that time; he batted seven in his first season with NSW too. Leics would've rested a bunch of players and the young allrounder they had at the club with a Polish passport probably seemed a good enough candidate to bat six. He batting disappointed even more than his bowling really.

Spikey

he ended up with more shield hundreds than shield five wicket hauls

1-0, in case you want the final score

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What's more interesting is why Leicestershire would want him as an overseas player
I'm assuming with a name like Krezja he has some sort of Eastern European ancestry and therefore wouldn't actually count as an overseas player.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Remember a few moons ago seeing footage on ABC TV of a replay from a game sometime in the 50s or 60s where, I think, the West Indies were playing a tour match against some club side and getting absolutely destroyed.